Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Nurse 1- Inpatient Medical Oncology at HUP
Job ID: 195581
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
11 & 14 Campus Nurses care for a wide variety of patients with oncologic malignancies, including both liquid and solid tumors, requiring allogeneic and autologous stem cell transplant, cellular therapy, chemotherapy, and symptom management. Oncology Nursing at Penn Medicine provides ample opportunity and growth for the professional student nurse in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
- The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice is a newly licensed new-to-practice RN or RN with less than 15 months of experience that demonstrates basic safe practice within the organizational professional practice model. The Clinical Nurse I New to Practice/Apprentice seeks guidance to integrate concepts, knowledge, skills and attitudes to meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice position description addendum. The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice exhibits UPHS organizational behavioral competencies which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains.The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice is accountable for the provision of direct care to patients who may range in age from infancy to the elderly and demonstrates within the competency domains of Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence Based Practice and Research, Leadership, Person and Family Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Teamwork, and Technology/ Informatics (Definitions listed below). The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice works closely with the interprofessional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The nurse focuses on developing the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age appropriate considerations of assigned patients. The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice requires consultation with more experienced clinicians and benefits from feedback while demonstrating growth in the ability to care for increasingly complex patients. The nurse demonstrates how nursing practice impacts the organizational vision, mission, and goals and the care delivery system. The nurse complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies. The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice /Apprentice must complete all Clinical Nurse 1 competencies and is expected to advance to the Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague level by 18 months of professional practice. See addendum.
- Prfessinal Practice Cmpetency Dmains DefinitinsCntinuus Quality Imprvement (CQI): The nurse utilizes data and QI methds t identify ptential and actual prblems and pprtunities t prvide care that is safe, timely, efficient, effective, and equitable.Evidence Based Practice and Research: The nurse evaluates and integrates best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient and family preferences and values fr the delivery f ptimal health care and system effectiveness.Leadership: The nurse effectively cllabrates and applies innvative, systems thinking t engage in systematic, evidence-based prblem slving and decisin making t prmte effective changes within a cmplex care delivery system supprting the visin f Penn MedicinePersn and Family Centered Care: The nurse recgnizes the patient (r the patient’s designee) as the surce f cntrl and a full partner in prviding cmpassinate and crdinated care based n respect fr the patient’s preferences, values, and needs.Prfessinalism: The nurse demnstrates a cmmitment t the nursing prfessin thrugh lifelng learning, adherence t ANA’s Cde f Ethics fr Nurses, participatin in a prfessinal rganizatin and advancing cmmunity utreachSafety: The nurse minimizes risk f harm t patients, families, prviders and self thrugh system effectiveness and individual perfrmance.Teamwrk: The nurse effectively engages in the prcess f cperatin, crdinatin, and cllabratin in an effrt t prvide fr safe, quality utcmes fr patients within inter and intra-prfessinal teams, including virtual teams.Technlgy/Infrmatics: The nurse utilizes apprpriate infrmatin and technlgy t cmmunicate, manage knwledge, mitigate errr, and supprt decisin making acrss the cntinuum.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE