Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Director of Facilities - Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 195676
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Days (24/7 Accountability)
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Director of Facilities will be responsible for providing operational oversight for all aspects of maintaining the Pennsylvania Hospital (PAH) campus physical plant and interfacing/coordinating with corporate resources and contracted services for the maintenance and upkeep of all hospital/ambulatory buildings and spaces. The scope includes, but is not limited to: engineering, grounds, security, safety, emergency management, environmental services, furniture/equipment, space requests/utilization, building flow, parking, pedestrian/auto traffic, capital requests and project management. This position will ensure all spaces meet regulatory, quality, and infectious disease standards incorporating evidence based findings, nationally recognized professional standards and other relevant data into all policies, procedures, and plans governing clinical care and clinical services. The Senior Director of Facilities will provide strategic oversight for PAH Campus Master Planning, PAH Capital Project oversight, and Strategic Planning in collaboration with internal PAH and Service Line leadership, Physicians, Key Regional Leaders, and other stakeholders related to clinical program planning, safety, regulatory, and other initiatives. The Senior Director of Facilities will serve as an invited advisor to the PAH Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors. This position will collaborate and coordinate all capital/space intensive projects and building maintenance with Penn Medicine Corporate Real Estate and Design. This position will collaborate and align all PAH emergency management and safety with Penn Medicine Corporate EM/Safety strategies and processes.
- Prvide strategic leadership fr Engineering, Envirnmental Services, Security, Safety, Emergency Management and Parking, in cnjunctin with crprate service partners and peer departments thrughut the health system.Prvide strategic versight fr PAH Campus Master Planning, PAH Capital Prject versight, and Strategic Planning in cllabratin with internal PAH and Service Line leadership, Physicians, Key Reginal Leaders, and ther stakehlders.Prvide leadership fr Master Planning fr facilities related issues and implementatin. Leadership fr Capital Planning, Spaces Management, and Cnstructin Management.Cllabrates with UPHS leadership, clinical leadership, and Entity leadership in develping prgrams, services, and initiatives t anticipate future custmer needs, build custmer lyalty and generate prfitable grwth.Sets standards and drives peratinal integratin f prgrams by ensuring alignment f cmmunicatin with clinical leadership.Insures efficient ecnmic perfrmance thrugh the setting f financial bjectives thrugh planning and cntrlling peratinal and capital budgets.Prvide regulatry versight f the envirnment f care, including interface with State Department f Health, CMS r deemed authrity (i.e., Jint Cmmissin), lcal authrities having jurisdictin (i.e., City f Philadelphia) and utility cmpanies (electrical, water, steam, etc.), funding agencies, FDA, HIPPA & thers.Interface with crprate services t manage leases and real estate fr the Pennsylvania Hspital campus and prgrams, including acting as landlrd fr internal leases and private tenants, and acting as tenant fr majr prgrams fr external lease agreements. Key interfaces are with Legal and Real Estate services.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field and discipline related to building design and construction, such as Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management.
10+ years Operational experience at the hospital administrative level
Licensed professional in architecture or engineering preferred
Certified Health Facilities Manager (CHFM), or Senior (SASHE) recipient, or Fellow (FASHE) recipient preferred
And or Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC) preferred
- Master of Arts or Science
- Business Administration, or similar technical area related to Facilities Management
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE