Job ID: 193777
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8hr Days
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Department: Cancer Patient & Family Services
Location: PCAM: 3400 Civic Center Blvd
Hours: 8hr Days
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for complex administrative functions associated with the support of a multifaceted Management team and multidisciplinary, patient-facing department. Responsibilities include administrative support to the Director of Patient and Family Services, coordinating and scheduling patient and patient-related activities as assigned and managing office related activities such as room scheduling, PO/invoice management and materials creating/distribution. He/She will provide daily reception services at the departmental front desk including receiving patients and families, responding to telephone calls and emails. The Administrative Coordinator will also assist with departmental projects including grants, transportation and other patient-related initiatives or projects.
· General administrative support of Director and staff of Patient and Family Services
· Coordinate patients and patient-related activities including co-pay collection and scheduling for the Cancer Counseling Service therapists and integrative providers, providing resource materials to patients and coordinating patient materials collection.
· Provide daily reception services at the departmental front desk including timely telephone and email responses and materials collection. Cordially welcoming patients and families to the department and providing resources to patients as needed.
· Obtain patient related supports such as parking passes and food voucher and distribute per leadership direction
· Manage office related requests including PO creation, invoice payment processes and equipment contracting/payment, ordering business cards, creating and maintain phone listings and resource materials.
· Collect and share data as assigned by Director
· Manage educational materials in the Kaplan Education Space and materials for infusion services and other departments including updating listings and resources, ordering copies/edits, making copies, assembling folders.
· Participation in special projects, initiatives and pilot programs as assigned by Director.
· Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
· Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.