Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Patient Coordinator Care Management
Job ID: 195706
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: Phoenixville, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Entity: Penn Primary Care and Penn Specialty Practices
Department: Penn Partners in Care
Location: Phoenixville, PA with support to other practices within the Tri County region as needed.
Hours: Per Departmental Needs
- The Patient Coordinator for Care Management functions to support patients engaged with Penn Partners in Care (PCSL Care Management Program). The Care Partner collaborates with the Care Manager and the entire Care Team to help coordinate services and connect with patients with the goal of achieving positive health outcomes. The main job responsibilities include telephonic, electronic and in-person communications with patients and coordinates with all care providers.
- Connects with patients on a regular basis to gauge completion of specific health interventions outlined in the Care Plan; such as, completion of appointments, medication compliance, use of community resources and other recommended follow-up activities.
- Responds to patient questions or concerns by telephonic or other methods of communication (MPM, etc.)
- Responsible for daily telephonic or electronic ED outreach using established guidelines and questionnaires.
- Coordinates patient needs (e.g. social service, health and medication) in cooperation with the interdisciplinary providers including PCP, social work and pharmacists, payers.
- Interacts with patient service representatives or schedules follow-up for ED, hospital follow-up and acute care appointments.
- Monitors delivery of care through documentation and tracking of interventions in PennChart (specialty visit follow-up, labs, diagnostic studies, etc.).
- Coordinates completion of forms or scheduling for transportation and durable medical equipment based on practice specific needs.
- Evaluates outcomes of care with interdisciplinary care team during case reviews, providing the team with updates and progress of care plan for patients.
- Collaborates daily with the Care Manager to assist in meeting patient goals.
- Collaborates with the Community Health Worker regarding patient goals and concerns.
- Collaborates with the Social Worker or Pharmacist to follow-up on access to resources.
- Collaborates with the provider and medical assistants, as needed.
- Documents in PennChart using the Care Management Navigator regarding coordination activities following established workflows and processes.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED AND 3+ years relevant health care experience in a similar role REQUIRED.
- Associate's Degree with a focus in health-related or science area of study AND1+ years of relevant health care experience in a similar role preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus in health-related or science area of study AND 0-1 years of relevant health care experience in a similar role preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE