Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Managed Care - Financial Services Assistant
Job ID: 195779
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F, 8:30am-5pm, Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Under the leadership of the Director of Operations Reimbursement and Managed Care Analysis and the Manager of the Office of Hospital Reimbursement, this position supports the maintenance of the Hospital Contract Manager /Modeler software. This includes verification of account values and review of insurance payments as compared to the contracted amounts. In addition, the Managed Care–Financial Services Assistant will work closely with the Manager of the Office of Hospital Reimbursement in Denial Tracking software and fulfilling general analysis and reporting needs.
- Work closely with the Managed Care department and the Contract Management Administrator to ensure that contract terms are properly identified and maintained in the contract management system.
- Assist the Manager and Senior Analyst in development and maintenance of Fee Schedules and Audits.
- Assist Department in reviewing payment accuracy and patient account review where needed.
- Support Senior Financial Analyst with hospital revenue modeling assuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work closely with appropriate departments on denials tracking and reporting.
- Fulfill monthly/yearly reporting needs for Denial Software.
- Support UPHS Managed Care and Corporate Finance in contract analysis and revenue forecasting.
- Adheres to monthly closing schedule for all reporting requirements.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma and 1+ years of hospital and/or physician managed care contract management or hospital and/or physician billing operations experience. (Required)
Bachelor's degree may substitute for years of experience.
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Basic understanding of medical billing process flows and revenue cycle management techniques. (Preferred)
Skills and Abilities:
- Accounting skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service to clients
- Ability to work independently
- TECHNOLOGY: Ability to use Microsoft Outlook
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE