Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Mammographer - Cherry Hill Location
Job ID: 195270
Work Type: FT
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Days / Evenings
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Department of Radiology specializing in Mammography is looking for a Full Time Mammographer for their Cherry Hill, NJ location.
Penn Radiology Cherry Hill delivers advanced, low-dose imaging services at a state-of-the-art 150,000-square-foot facility located on Route 70 East in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Our team of board-certified radiologists are also certified in their individual imaging specialties and collaborate to provide more accurate readings and diagnoses.
Our clinical mission, to all of our patients, is to utilize the most advanced breast imaging technology available to provide individually tailored, comprehensive evaluations for the early and precise detection and diagnosis of breast diseases. We conduct the highest quality interventional breast procedures, including stereotactic, ultrasound-guided and MRI-guided biopsies.
Experience makes a difference in delivering the best services to our patients. We perform more than 24,000 breast imaging studies and 3,000 interventional breast biopsy procedures each year. These studies are interpreted by six board-certified and breast fellowship-trained radiologists. Our technical staff is sub-specialty certified in mammography.
- Perform all aspect of Mammographic imaging, including but not limited to, 3D and 2D mammography, biopsy and needle localizations Employs proper patient positioning, technique selection, application of compression and radiation protection devices. Treat all patients professionally. Effectively operate the organizational RIS and PACs systems. Maintain accurate time records. Follows the guidelines and regulations set forth by MQSA, FDA and ACR. Actively participates in patient follow ups.
- Greet patients, identifies self and interacts with patients to gain trust and ensure patient support Verifies patient identity and ensures preparations for exam Reviews mammogram requisitions to determine type of exam, takes and documents a thorough pertinent clinical history and reviews ordered prior to the actual imaging of the patient. If changes in the exam are necessarily follows procedure for noting those changes in the computer system. Explains procedures/exams to the patient Prepares patients for procedures according to section protocols Performs procedures/exams consistent with section protocols Monitors the patient’s status, tolerance and wellbeing throughout and after the study Aids radiologists, physicians and other UPHS staff members in completing procedures according to established protocol Preps room and supplies for biopsy or localizations Ensures patients’ comfort and privacy during entire encounter. Responds to emergency situations according to department policies Fills in in General Radiology, when needed and assigned.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Amer Registry Radiologic Tech (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High School Diploma / G.E.D (Required)
- Graduate from an approved Radiologic Technology Program (Required)
1 + years of Radiology Exp
- 0-1 years of Mammography Exp
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE