Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
MRI Radiographer - Penn Radiology, Cherry Hill, NJ Location
Job ID: 195219
Work Type: FT
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Days / Evenings
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Department of Radiology at the Penn Medicine, Cherry Hill Location is looking for a Full Time MRI Radiographer to join their busy practice.
Penn Radiology Cherry Hill delivers advanced, low-dose imaging services at a state-of-the-art 150,000-square-foot facility located on Route 70 East in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Our team of board-certified radiologists are also certified in their individual imaging specialties and collaborate to provide more accurate readings and diagnoses.
- Operate MRI scanner, all RF coils, MRI workstations, laser cameras, film processors, patient monitoring equipment, MR injectors.
- Prepare magnet room, maintain cleanliness of area.
- Assist patients in understanding procedures, screen for Biomedical and metallic implants; ask pertinent questions regarding medical history, change patients into dressing gowns.
- Stock supplies and maintain equipment as needed.
- Assist changing patients into dressing gown
- Archive and verify MRI images via EHS system call Pennchart as needed.
- Perform proper procedures and protocols for various studies done in the section.
- Maintains and provides annual registry certification from ARRT, maintain all mandatory in-services and CPR as required by JCAHO.
- Serve as liaison with referring physicians and patients to assist in scheduling exams; expedite patient studies as needed.
- Place angiocatheters; inject IV MRI contrast agents as directed by the Radiologist
- Communicate equipment problems and image quality issues.
- Obtain consent forms as needed.
- Read all staff notes; attend section and quarterly meetings; keep abreast of all changes within the Department.
- Schedules patients, and pages hospital personnel.
- Answers telephone and responds to requests for information and reports.
- Occasionally transports patients, confirms patient appointments as needed.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Amer Registry Radiologic Tech (Required)
- MRI cert with ARRT within one year of hire date
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED and Completion of an approved two year school of Radiologic Technology required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE