Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant- Hem/Onc Palliative Care
Job ID: 193397
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F Day Shift No Holiday/Weekends
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Palliative Care team of the Hematology-Oncology Division is hiring an Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) to join their team! Penn Medicine’s Division of Hematology/Oncology is one of the largest hematology/oncology groups in the country. We are recognized nationally and internationally for our excellence in patient care, research, and training. Our physicians, APPs, and RN’s care for their patients with all types of cancer and benign blood-related disorders, from the most common to the most complex, seeing more than 175,000 outpatient visits annually. The Palliative Care program provides consultative services focused on symptom management, advanced care planning, and supporting patients throughout their cancer trajectory.
- Provides direct clinical care for patient population according to established protocols and utilizes evidence-based practice standards in collaboration with team.
- Maintains accurate and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatments, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with organizational standards in the electronic health record (EHR).
- Identifies self properly to the patient and family and clarifies the role of the nurse practitioner if necessary.
- The nurse practitioner should function within their scope and refer to the collaborating physician when outside of scope, and/or directed by the collaborating physician or when requested by the patient and/or family.
- Performs interventions specific to assigned patient population and collaborative agreement.
- Participates in the performance improvement processes to meet quality of care and service standards.
- Demonstrates awareness of professional responsibility as role model to peers and members of the health care team.
- Perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patient’s clinical status.
- Addresses patient and family concerns and creates a therapeutic relationship to provide support. Provide patient education, counseling and instruction regarding patient diagnosis, medical treatments, medications, and preventative care.
- Participate in and support accreditation, compliance and regulatory activities of the organization.
- Precept NP students and other health care learners. Identifies patient/family needs for community resources and refers appropriately.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association (For providers in the ambulatory setting) required
- Certified Nurse Practitioner PA (Required)
- Prescriptive Authority (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Arts or Science (Required)
- And 2+ years >2.5years of experience, The CRNP must be reviewed by the Credentials Committee and approved by the Medical Board.
Education Specialization: Master's Degree or Doctor of Nursing Practice(DNP) in Nursing
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE