Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Project Manager, Office of the CEO
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 196592
Category: Quality/Performance Improvement
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Remote Flexibility
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Senior Project Manager is responsible for supporting all special projects needs of the CEO and Chief of Staff, including the liaisons with key stakeholders, analysis of market trends and internal performance, the analysis of data in collaboration with experienced data analysts and the production of written reports and oral presentations. This position requires a high degree of sophistication, resourcefulness, and creativity. The position requires the ability to anticipate and deliver upon analytic needs far in advance and also a substantial amount of just in time support often outside of traditional working hours.
- Lead the development of a special projects strategy for the CEO, in collaboration with the other CEO staff including maintaining project plans, timelines, budgets and resource allocation to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Track and report project status to stakeholders, including project risks, issues, and dependencies
- Anticipate special project needs in various formats and service those needs
- Follow up and continue to engage with key stakeholders for and at times on behalf of the CEO.
- Cultivate and serve as the administrative partner/lead to external organizations and community partners
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and regulations
- Create and disseminate reports and strategic insights for key internal and external stakeholders
- Based on project needs implement data collection/analyses as well as creating data visualizations to communicate to stakeholders
- Cultivate external/internal partnerships to support and promote a compelling vision for Penn Medicine
- Create and maintain operating mechanisms for corporate special projects
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)
- 5+ years of Professional experience or equivalent experience in a related field (Required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to manage others (directly or indirectly)
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and energize teams and stakeholders.
- Empathy to understand diverse perspectives and the nuances of what drives observable behaviors and opinions.
- Negotiation skills to engage and establish key terms with external partners who can accelerate projects and outcomes.
- Establishes clear, measurable goals to align efforts and for transparency in how projects are progressing.
- Excellent analytic and communication skills, with the ability to write persuasively to bring ideas to life and engage audiences.
- Be an ambassador for the institution.
- Professional maturity to interact with health system employees and patients in a sensitive clinical environment.
- Ability to manage sensitive information with discretion.
- Resourcefulness to engage other staff towards goals, particularly toward acquisition and analyses of data.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE