Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Clinical Manager Ambulatory RN for Heart & Vascular
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 194296
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Heart & Vascular Center is looking for an experienced Senior Clinical Manager, Ambulatory to join our team. HVC is a high-volume practice serving on average of 300+ patients daily with various types of heart and vascular disease. In this role, the Clinical Manager will work closely with our Practice Administrator, Clinical Nurse Manager, and our team of cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, APP’s and nursing support staff to ensure optimal daily clinic efficiency and flow. Responsibilities are primarily overseeing daily outpatient clinical operations, managing 22+ direct reports, inventory, maintain regulatory compliance, maintenance of clinical equipment, staff scheduling. Experience in management with direct reports required. The ideal candidate will possess strong skills and abilities in staff training and re-education, knowledge of regulatory compliance, critical thinking, problem solving, and employee engagement.
- The Senior Clinical Manager is responsible for the consistent and comprehensive patient care delivery in the ambulatory practice setting. The Senior Clinical Manager is responsible for maintaining the highest level of patient/customer satisfaction, education, research initiatives and patient confidentiality. The Senior Clinical Manager demonstrates that employee and partner satisfaction is a precursor to patient satisfaction. The Senior Clinical Manager's role is to balance and achieve all three: Patient, Employee and Partner Satisfaction. The Senior Clinical Manager is responsible for continually assessing the clinical care team to ensure quality, compliance with governmental agencies and patient access. Typical scope for this role is:•15+ = # of staff directly and indirectly managed•20,000+ = # of budgeted annual visits Complexity Factors (may involve a few of the following factors of practice complexity): multiple practice locations, high practice/facility square footage, service line oversight, coordination of inpatient services, coordination of care across several departments/entities, academic involvement (research initiatives, resident program), special clinical programs, multiple clinical specialties, complex regulatory requirements, management of external partnerships/collaborations.
- Employee Satisfaction and Engagement: communicates effectively with team and builds productive relationships in an effort to create and sustain a positive work environment Establishes/update work processes and work practices Manages team and individual performance in alignment with Penn Medicine vision of service excellence Responsible for staff development activities including but not limited to: team professional development, recruitment and retention Oversee clinical operations in the practice including budgeting (where applicable), clinical project management, strategic and operational planning, quality, regulatory compliance (Joint Commission, CMS, DOH, OSHA) and continuous improvement initiatives Patient Care: Provides oversight to team as it relates to the seamless delivers great quality care and great service using effective processes and tools Communication: Fosters an environment where proactive communication and problem solving is expected. Establishes communication expectations that enable high performance of team and individuals Learning: Leverages knowledge for competitive advantage and developing team members through application of Penn Medicine research, continuous improvement, performance management, and competency development
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- ACLS or BCLS or PALS (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (Required)
- And 7+ years total clinical experience which includes prior RN and leadership experience.
Education Specialization: Nursing
- Master of Arts or Science
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE