Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Department Coordinator, Path Admin HUP
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 195139
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full time
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Title: Department Coordinator
Department: Path Admin
Location: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - 3400 Spruce St
Hours: Full time regular office hours
- Working under the general supervision of the COO & Senior Director of Clinical Operations, the Department Coordinator is responsible for complex administrative functions associated with the Pathology and Laboratory management team. This support includes oversight of daily administrative operations and coordination including planning meetings and events, ensuring regulatory compliance, finance/expense management support and developing & maintaining departmental training content, resources and e-sites.
Candidate must have effective interpersonal skills, be able to establish good working relationships, collaborate with a network of employees at all levels in the organization, be able to foster cooperation in others and be a creative problem-solver. The Department Coordinator is also responsible for providing high-level support by preparing reports, presentations, handling information requests, scheduling needs, managing confidential information and other needs as required. The incumbent must possess the ability to work with some degree of autonomy, but must also interact and function as a part of the administrative support team.
- Manages all calendar scheduling for COO & Sr. Director of Clinical Operations. Ensures all logistics are complete and confirmed. Provides background material/documentation for meetings and sends reminders of meetings to participants.
- Collects and compiles data and other materials for reports, presentations, budgets, correspondence and board reports. Collates and assembles reports and documents as required. Provides meeting summaries/minutes.
- Attends meetings as required, participates on committees as requested and provides necessary follow-up support to advance initiatives that support operations.
- Drafts and edits Microsoft Office presentations, scripts, talking points, leadership messages and other communications as it relates to both internal and external outreach. Ensures messages are appropriately written for targeted audiences.
- Plans, edits, and writes content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as staff intranet, newsletters or regular email bulletin.
- Ensures internal communication messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization.
- Generates reports and gathers data for leadership. Synthesize data into digestible formats for the requester. Manage the process for generating and distributing detailed turnover reports.
- Assist with compliance efforts: follow up directly with managers and employees regarding non-compliance. Work collaboratively with corporate compliance as needed.
- Process invoices and assist with other budgetary responsibilities. Order office supplies.
- Coordinate entity policies in conjunction with corporate human resources. Responsible for tracking expired policies and preparing policies for signature. Post policies on appropriate platforms.
- Serve as the point of contact for department scheduling. Secure conference rooms and catering and maintain correspondence related to meetings and events. Point of contact for email and print correspondence.
- Serve as backup for Executive Assistant for the department Chair. Partner with EA to provide support for the Chair as needed.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE