Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Associate Clinical Director - Heart and Vascular (PCAM, PAH & Radnor Locations)
Job ID: 196676
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Department of Heart and Vascular at the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine (PCAM), Pennsylvania Hospital (PAH)and Radnor, PA locations is looking for a Dynamic Leader to direct nursing services across practices.
With the region's largest cardiac arrhythmia, valve disease, adult congenital heart disease, women's heart health, heart failure and heart transplant programs, Penn's experienced teams are committed to delivering more options, more personalized care and more convenient care close to home. We are also home to the Cardiovascular Research Institute where Penn researchers are relentlessly pursuing new advances in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart and vascular conditions.
- This position typically reports to the Department Director of Operations, and an indirect reporting relationship to the CPUP Associate Executive Director of CPUP Clinical Operations, Chief Nursing Officer. The Associate Clinical Director Ambulatory (ACD) provides clinical leadership to the practice sites of the Department assuring that these practices and clinical staff maintain top scope of practice, patient focus, and standardization of care across sites. The ACD partners with the Department Leadership in creating a patient-focused organization designed to support the delivery of the highest quality of care and attract and develop a team of highly capable and committed clinical staff. The ACD also partners with each entity to ensure departmental compliance with Regulatory and Infection Prevention guidelines. The ACD ensures that all staff is oriented to the policies and practices and that new staff is integrated and developed professionally.
- Compliance: Ensures compliance with all state and federal standards and policies as well as entity policies and procedures. Achieves regulatory compliance and ensures an environment of active readiness.Clinical: Strong knowledge base of clinical care with clinical and leadership experience in the delivery of care in ambulatory populations. Maintains a record of developing and implementing innovative care delivery models, professional practice standards, and policies and proceduresLeadership: Participates in the selection, career development, and annual performance reviews of staff. Directs and supports Clinical Leadership role(s) in facilitating clinical development, professional growth, competency evaluations, staff engagement, and a patient-centered care modelQuality Improvement: Experience in the oversight of programs to improve efficiency and quality of patient care. Demonstrates experience in developing and monitoring quality initiatives.Performance Improvement: Monitors all relevant patient and clinical-related metrics including but not limited to Patient experience metrics (PMX-Press Ganey) and other performance metrics. Reports on outcomes regularly. Recommends and initiates action plans to address the underperforming metrics and standards.Collaborates with Departmental senior leadership, including the Director of Finance, CPUP Clinical Leadership to optimize clinical staffing levels and care teams to practice at the highest scope of practice to ensure quality, safety, productivity, and patient, provider, and employee satisfaction while ensuring strong financial performance.Develops clinical training and competency programs, provides oversight to ensure proper onboarding and training of all new nursing and clinical staff, with specialized policies/procedures for assisting with surgical medical procedures, administration of practice specialty treatment, and high-level disinfection/infection control & instrument processing if appropriate.Assists the Vice Chair of Clinical Operations and Vice Chair of Quality to ensure quality and identify/implement process improvements based on safety net reporting, employee engagement and culture of safety surveys, and monitoring of quality and safety dashboards/metrics in alignment with Health System Requirements.Helps to develop and implement Risk Reduction Initiatives and initiatives for achieving strategic goals.Collaborates with Practice Administrators and Physician Medical Directors to optimize workflows and drive efficient and effective utilization of PennChart and MyPennMedicine by clinical staff.Serves on Appropriate Departmental Committees.
- RN or PA-C or CRNP or CNM (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (Required)
- Nursing 7+ years total clinical experience
- 3-5 years of leadership experience. (Preferred)
- Master of Science (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE