Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Supervisor Regional Practices
Job ID: 196988
Work Type: FT
Location: Lansdale, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Entity: Penn Primary Care and Penn Specialty Practices
Department: Penn Primary Care Lansdale
Location: Lansdale, PA
Hours: Full time, day shift, with a rotational weekend requirement
- Under the direction of the Practice Leadership, the Clinical Supervisor is responsible for clinical leadership of the daily activities in the practice. Incumbent is responsible for direct oversight of practice-based clinical staff.
- Responsible for ensuring clinic services are provided in safe, efficient, and competent manner. Develop/update present systems and monitoring for clinic flow, equipment maintenance, supply availability, environmental safety, etc.
- Provide ongoing assessment of needs with consideration of future directions for clinical services, capacity for patient services, and staffing needs in conjunction with other leadership. Direct involvement in strategic planning for future expansion related to the department.
- Ensures delivery of patient care, by self and clinical team, is safe, competent, and individualized within established guidelines and policies.
- Reviews clinical documentation for compliance, provides staff education, oversees the POCT processes.
- Responsible for investigation and resolution of any safety net related to the clinical practice.
- Participates in direct patient care activities as needed.
- Maintains clinical leadership knowledge by participating in nursing and medical conferences and activities.
- Manages and supervises the delivery of care by practice-based clinical staff. Utilizes available staff to provide optimal delivery of care. Evaluates patient schedules and ensures staffing levels are adequate for patient needs and department operations.
- Serves as manager to clinical staff: interviews and selects new staff for the practice, orients new hires, and maintains competencies of clinical staff, performance management, staff development, accurately records time worked in eStar, holds self and staff accountable to established expectations.
- Ensures optimal patient flow. Addresses needs of practice and escalates operational issues to Practice Leadership.
- Orders clinical supplies/equipment and/or provides oversight of ordering requisitions maintaining adequate inventory while focusing on cost-containment and budgetary controls.
- Serves as a teacher and role model for clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Delegates duties to appropriate staff according to licensure and training. Oversees the work of the clinical staff in the practice. Instructs clinical staff on any new procedures.
- Makes assessments and develops plans for effective utilization of staff. Develops standard staffing guidelines, cleared by Practice Leadership as needed with scheduling.
- Develops and implements process for appropriate triage of all clinical calls.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support REQUIRED
- Registered Nurse - PA REQUIRED
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing REQUIRED
- 5+ years experience as a professional nurse
- 3+ years managerial experience, ideally in a fast-paced healthcare setting preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE