Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Coordinator Ambulatory RN- Med Renal
Job ID: 195603
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per departmental needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Entity: Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
Location: PCAM Clinic
Department: Med Renal
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours, Days
This Clinical Coordinator Ambulatory RN role is for Renal at the PCAM clinic, which is part of a shared practice space with Rheumatology and Medical Genetics. The role will roughly be 20% Admin Leadership and oversight of Renal RN team (3 RNs) and 80% Clinical/direct patient care.
- The Clinical Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day clinical operations for the. The Clinical Coordinator ensures compliance with TJC, CMS and DOH requirements across all practice locations. The Clinical Coordinator oversees infection control standards in the practice are upheld and participates in EOC rounding in the practice. The Clinical Coordinator will communicate new processes, assist with coverage plans for unexpected needs and act as the subject matter expert for clinical questions and EHR optimization. The Clinical Coordinator will assist with hiring onboarding and orientation of new clinical staff, complete clinical competencies and evaluations.Typical scope for this role is:•<10 = # of staff directly and indirectly managed•<15,000 = # of budgeted annual visits•Complexity Factors (may involve a few of the following factors of practice complexity): multiple practice locations, high practice/facility square footage, service line oversight, coordination of inpatient services, coordination of care across several departments/entities, academic involvement (research initiatives, resident program), special clinical programs, multiple clinical specialties, complex regulatory requirements, management of external partnerships/collaborations.
- Employee Satisfaction communicates effectively with team and builds productive relationshipsEstablishes/update work processes and work practices, performs clinical duties to maintain workflows and adequate staffing levelsAssist Clinical Manager with team and individual performance in alignment with Penn Medicine vision of service excellenceStaff Development includes identification of learning needs for team development, assists with recruitment, development of staff and retentionAssists the practice operations and/or clinical leads with appropriate staffing, quality, compliance (JACHO, CMS,DOH,OSHA) and continuous improvement initiativesSupports excellence in patient care, patient safety net review and service recovery initiativesSupports proactive communication and problem solving to enable high performance of team and individuals
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- ACLS or PALS (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- And 3+ years clinical experience
Education Specialization: Nursing
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE