Job ID: 191206
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Surgical Technicians function in both non-sterile and sterile capacities by creating an optimal environment for the procedural patient.
Surgical Technicians possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy, procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate invasive, therapeutic, and / or diagnostic procedures.
Surgical Technicians perform a wide range of duties including but not limited to aseptic technique, sterile technique, scrubbing, decontamination and sterilization.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains competency to scrub procedures: a. Practices aseptic technique, sterile technique, and maintains universal precautions. b. Maintains and acquires knowledge of instruments including identification and proper use and appropriate decontamination / sterilization.
2. Practices under the direct supervision of the procedural team and within the scope of practice of a Procedural Technician.
3. Age-Specific Knowledge & Skills – Possesses the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients’ physical, psychological and social needs with those growth and development levels/patient populations served within the department.
4. Consults and collaborates with colleagues to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of patient care.
5. Demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning through self identification of learning needs, by participating in ongoing educational activities, and by seeking experiences that reflect current practice in order to maintain skills and competence. The Procedural Technician maintains his or her own records that provide evidence of competency and lifelong learning.
High school graduate - required Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program
Related Work Experience
1 year Operating Room experience - preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Surgical Technologist Certification - required
BLS Certification - requiredWe believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.