Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Radiologic Tech I (Full Time)
Job ID: 162989
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Provides Diagnostic imaging of specific body part for the purpose of medical interpretation and/or treatment.
Plainsboro, NJ Hours:
Full-Time, 40 hours per weekBenefits You'll Receive at Princeton/Penn Medicine:
· Generous Paid Time Off benefits, including seven paid holidays that will give you the work-life balance today’s world needs
· Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage plan options that best fit your personal & family needs
· Tuition Assistance for both Part-Time (20+ hours) and Full-time (40 hours) employees.( 0.5 FTE and over)
· Flexible Health Savings Accounts (FSA/HAS) to save pre-tax dollars to use towards your personal & family medical costs
· 403b Retirement Savings, Penn Home Ownership Services, Commuter Benefits, Pet Insurance and Pension
· Access to company paid life insurance, temporary disability. Employee discounts and perks, including but not limited to free secure employee-only parking, optional life insurance and other. Please click on this LINK for more information regarding our amazing benefits package.
- Equipment Operation and Quality Control: Demonstrates working knowledge of the Components of Radiographic Unit score; Demonstrates working knowledge of Automatic exposure control (AEC); Demonstrates working knowledge of Fluoroscopic Unit (digital and Conventional); Demonstrates working knowledge of Computed radiography (CR); Demonstrates working knowledge of Direct digital radiography (DR); Knowledge of Quality Control of Radiographic Equipment and Accessories. Radiation Protection: Demonstrates working knowledge of Minimizing Patient Exposure; Knowledge of Repeat Exposure Reduction; Demonstrates working knowledge of Personnel Protection; Demonstrates working knowledge of Basic Methods of Protection (Time, Distance, and Shielding); Knowledge of Special Considerations (Portable (mobile) units and Fluoroscopy); Follow all radiation standards set forth by state and Federal regulations. Image Production and Evaluation: Demonstrates working knowledge of Selection of Technical Factors; Knowledge of Image processing and Quality Assurance; Knowledge of Processing Digital / Electronic Images; Demonstrates working knowledge of Image Archiving; Knowledge of Picture archival and communication system (PACS); Demonstrates working knowledge of Film Criteria for image Evaluation (Demonstration of Anatomical Structures, Identification Marker, Noise, Contrast, and Density). Radiographic Procedures: Demonstrates working knowledge of Positioning (General and Fluoroscopic); Knowledge of Anatomy (including physiology, basic pathology, and related medical terminology). Demonstrates working knowledge of Technical factor (including adjustments for circumstances such as body habitus, trauma, pathology, breathing techniques, etc.). Mobility: Able to assist a patient into and off the examining table; Able to transport patient into the examining room; Able to drive the x-ray in and out of the patient's room; Able to stand for a long period of time or stay in a room while assisting in a procedure (i.e., OR/ Fluoroscopy).
- Amer Registry Radiologic Tech (Required)
- Radiologic Technologist (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE