Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Why Join Our Team?
Penn Medicine Princeton Health (PMPH) is seeking a full time Assistant Nurse Manager (Registered Nurse) to work the day shift within Princeton House Behavioral Health (PHBH). The nursing team on Wing 5/STCF at PHBH specializes in the involuntary care of adults 18 years or older with mental illness. Work in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal patient care goals with compassion and dignity. Consistently seeking to provide safe and therapeutic care in the least restrictive manner.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist the unit manager with coordination and liaising with state and county agencies to facilitate STCF unit operations
- Support the unit/staff to maintain compliance with Division of Mental Health and Addictions Services STCF regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with the unit manager and unit secretary to ensure legal documents for patients on involuntary status are up to date
- Ensures the accuracy of commitment legal documents and the timely requests for TCOs during the weekends/holidays
- Provide relief supervision/oversight of the nursing staff at PHBH inpatient units on the week end/holidays.
- Address staff concerns and provide support for other PH inpatient departments during the weekends/holidays
Benefits You’ll Receive at PMPH/Penn Medicine:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, RX coverage plan options that best fit your personal & family needs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts (FSA/HAS) to save pre-tax dollars
- 403b Retirement Savings: Our employer contribution begins on Day 1 of your employment
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits that give you the work-life balance today’s world needs
- Prepaid tuition assistance is available to benefit-eligible employees for approved courses of study after completing six months of employment.
What We Require for this Role:
- Associate’s Degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Related Work Experience
- 2-4 years of experience required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Active RN NJ license
- Certification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.