Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Administrative Assistant- Cardiology
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 197800
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time Day Shift.
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Provides administrative support for the Cardiology Department. Responsibilities include preparing reports, managing e-star for the Director, arranging meetings, calendar management, expense tracking and customer relations. Also calls for excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of management and staff. Will exercise independent judgment, discretion and critical thinking in performing tasks.
- Oversees day-to-day office operations. Serves as liaison of the department by providing excellent customer service including professional telephone etiquette.
- Maintains databases and files for Cardiovascular Services.
- Calendar management, meeting arrangements and travel/expense arrangements for conferences.
- Prepare presentations, meeting materials, meeting minutes and organize, analyze and distribute reports.
- Prepare purchase orders for supplies and prepare check requests.
- Report organization, analysis, and distribution.
- Update schedule changes for Advanced Practice Providers and Nurse Navigator and ensuring all timecards are accurate.
- Administrative support for the Director of Cardiology, Clinical Managers, Physicians and Medical Directors.
- Responsible for on-call calendars for our Non-Invasive Cardiologists from our two Cardiology Practices. Work closely with the managers of each Cardiology group.
- Maintains our Continuing Education credits for our meetings/conferences with our team at Penn.
- Assists our vendors by creating RTPs to generate POs for supplies.
- Assists with maintaining, updating and archiving policies with our Policy & Procedure leaders.
- Assists Director with our Monthly Status Reports created by our Clinical Leaders.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Associate of Arts or Science (Preferred)
- And 0-1 years Experience in health care environment
Education Specialization: Business and/or related field (Preferred)
- Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE