Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Cardiovascular Technologist (Per Diem)
Job ID: 196852
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Cardiovascular Technologist is responsible for the quality and efficient completion of Cardiac Catheterization and Cardiac related procedures for interpretation. They provide patient education, quality patient care and documentation. They adhere to HIPPA regulations and meets all national and state regulatory compliance. The technician functions in both non-sterile and sterile capacities by creating an optimal environment for the procedural patient. The CV technologist possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique. They combine the knowledge of human anatomy, procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate invasive, therapeutic and/or diagnostic procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency to participate in Cardiac Catherization procedures
- Adheres to radiation safety standards, quality standards, and performance improvement initiatives.
- Maintains the ability to scrub and/or circulate during the procedure.
- Practices aseptic technique, sterile technique, and maintains universal precautions.
- Maintains and aquires knowledge of instruments / devices including identification and proper use.
- Ensures equipment operation, trouble shoots issues, and reports any malfunctions / potential hazards through the chain of command.
- Plays an active role in the patient related experience.
- Prepares patient for procedure as appropriate to requirements including but not limited to verifying procedure order, patient identification per policy, and completed informed consent.
- Explains procedure to patients
- Positions patient as appropriate
- Ensures aseptic technique and maintains sterility during setup and procedure.
- Observes patient during the procedure
- Assists patient at end of procedure.
- Able to interface professionally with staff, physicians, and other disciplines.
- Able to maintain hemostasis at the access site until hemostasis occurs
- Record, store, retrieve and analyze data obtained during procedure.
- Provides patient documentation with regard to patient information, and procedural related information.
- Maintains supplies within the department. Submit charge sheets through the appropriate chain of command for reordering of products / appropriate patient charging.
- Consults and collaborates with colleagues to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of patient care.
- Other job duties / responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Amer Registry Radiologic Tech (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- RCIS preferred
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Other (Required)
- Graduate of an accredited school of Cardiovascular Technology with a degree or certification in an allied health field - required
NJ state licensure/certification as an allied health profession - required
Two plus years in Cardiac Procedural experience - preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE