Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Lead Cybersecurity BCDR Analyst will be responsible for the continued improvement and further development of Penn Medicine's BC/DR capabilities, including standards and policies. This pivotal role will help to ensure the organization's resilience against disruptions, maintaining security standards and processes in partnership with operational and IS resources. The BCDR Lead will need to collaborate with various departments within the organization to ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans align with overall business objectives and priorities.
- Develop and lead the business continuity and disaster recovery strategy and roadmap.
- Assist in the prompt recovery and restoration of business operations in the event of a disaster or major disruption.
- Monitor security controls and processes to ensure compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
- Prepare regular reports and updates on BCP, DR, and security initiatives for presentation to IS leadership and other stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and developments in BCP, DR, and other information security domains.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvement and recommend solutions to enhance the organization's security posture.
- Partner with IT to confirm and enhance technology recovery capability that aligns to business demand, best practices, and regulatory guidance.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvements that reduce the likelihood of business interruptions.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Required)
- 9+ years BC/DR experience preferably in the Healthcare Industry (Required)
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (Preferred)
- Disaster Recovery Certified Specialist (Preferred)
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- A strong working understanding of business continuity / disaster recovery principles
- Organized, process-oriented and able to manage multiple concurrent work streams
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Up-to-date with industry best practices, technologies, and regulatory requirements related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulatory requirements related to disaster recovery, such as ISO 22301, NIST SP 800-34, or ITIL
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors and service providers related to disaster recovery services.
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services: https://www.pennmedicine.org/information-services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.