Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 198285
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Department: Radiation Oncology
Location: 3400 Spruce Street
Hours: Per Departmental Needs
The Project Manager to the COO’s Office for the Department of Radiation Oncology is responsible for supporting leadership goals, strategic hospital and Health System programs and strategic partnership initiatives. The incumbent will provide expertise in project administration, communications, and event management to drive the success of multiple projects. The incumbent should have a passion for building relationships and exceeding client and management expectations within all levels of the organization. The Project Manager is also responsible for providing high-level administrative support by preparing reports, handling information requests, scheduling needs, managing confidential information and other needs of the COO. The incumbent must possess the ability to work with some degree of autonomy but must also interact and function as part of the departmental executive team.
- Works with Chair, COO and Chief of Staff to clarify projects and then manages those projects through the development lifecycle.
- Manages client expectations and project status throughout the projects, ensuring that project goals, budgets and timelines are met.
- Conducts project planning and status meetings with stakeholders to understand project requirements and communicate implementation methodology to the client.
- Manage legal/contract execution life cycle including contract approval forms, version control, and management of contract milestones.
- Provide periodic written status reports to multiple committees showing status compared to the work plan, issues, risk, and assignments/plans for resolution, resolved issues, problem log and status, upcoming major project situations, and adherence to project budgeted resources.
- Build and maintain dashboards that support the work of the Department.
- Coordinates all calendar scheduling for COO. Ensures all logistics are complete and confirmed.
- Collects and compiles data, and other materials for reports, budgets, correspondence, board reports, charts, etc.; collates and assembles reports and documents.
- Draft and edit, PowerPoint presentations, scripts, talking points, leadership messages, and other communications as relates to both internal and external outreach. Ensure messages are appropriately written for targeted audiences.
- Collaborate with planning and analysis resources to access analytic support services, discuss project progress and ensure alignment of initiatives and in so doing interacts with enterprise-wide planning, and analytic support and marketing staff in order to coordinate efforts and share information.
- Plan internal and external events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Finance, Business Administration, or Management and 2 years of experience required.
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Management or Business Administration preferred.
- Project Management Professional certification preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Microsoft Visio skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access)
- Ability to utilize critical thinking
- Strong communication skills with all levels of staff and personnel
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE