Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Organizational Development and Learning Solutions Intern
Job ID: 196585
Category: Human Resources
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F, 8:30am-5pm, hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Penn Medicine Academy (PMA) provides organizational development services that support the executive leadership team and employees across the organization.
- The intern will support influential project-based assignments in the areas of:
- Change Management
- Strategic Planning
- Performance Improvement
- Talent Management/Leadership Development
- Workforce Development
- Learning Solutions
- This unique learning opportunity will provide healthcare knowledge, on the job experience, and personal development.
- Provide project management in partnership with PMA service owners to accomplish project scope.
- Analyze qualitative data.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of retreats, live and virtual education offerings, and other PMA events.
- Prepare presentations.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Assist with the Learning Management System in creating courses, curricula and reporting.
- Design learning courses and resources with guidance from Sr. Instructional Designer using Articulate software.
- Accompany team members to sites for meetings of events.
- Manage social media campaign.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Master's Degree in Health Care Administration, MBA, Human Resources, Organizational Development or other related field of study (Preferred)
- 3+ years of Office experience, including writing professional emails, creating presentations, using Excel (Required)
- 2+ years of experience in a healthcare, corporate or non-profit environment (Preferred)
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Detail Oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses initiative, organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Possesses the ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE