This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 198384
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Sat/Sun 8am-8:30pm
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Manages placement of admitted patients throughout the hospital in collaboration with Unit Directors Clinical Leaders, Managers, and Admissions Department. Provides quality-nursing care through application of the nursing process. Utilizes critical thinking skills for decision-making processes.
1. Communicates with other members of the health care team to foster a collaborative approach to patient placement.
2. Develops collaborative relationships with physicians, Directors, Administration, Admissions and other departments
3. Reports accurately in bed meetings. Arrives to meetings on time.
4. Maintains communications with patient care staff/Clinical Leader to assure a working knowledge of patient diagnosis, test schedules and changes in condition that may impact triage decisions
5. Keeps Director informed of complex bed situations
6. Approaches problems systemically and rationally and reports questionable situations to the Director of the Week/Administrative Supervisor.
7. Assists Housekeeping with setting priorities.
8. Collaborates with the Case Management department for direct admissions and hospital to hospital transfers.
1. Attends Administrative Supervisor meetings. Seeks appropriate resources in difficulty situations Reads and initials the meeting minutes if not in attendance.
2. Identifies strength and weaknesses in own performance and develops a plan of action to improve
3. Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively with physicians
4. Demonstrates the ability to help set priorities at bed meetings
5. Maintains and updates own nursing knowledge by attending continuing education programs, reads nursing literature, reads posted inservice material and uses hospital resources.
6. Participates in performance improvement projects.
Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required.
Minimum of five years recent clinical nursing experience.
Excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills. Must be able to manage several tasks simultaneously. Must possess strong verbal skills. Must be able to operate and demonstrate the use of hospital and departmental specific equipment. Must meet or
exceed all clinical performance standards. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Current State Board of PA license.
CPR certification requiredWe believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.