This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 198041
Work Type: FT
Location: Yardley, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Entity: Clinical Care Associates - Penn Primary Care (PPC) and Penn Specialty Practices (PSP) of Penn Medicine Medical Group (PMMG)
Department: PennCare – Bucks County
Location: Penn Medicine Bucks County – 777 Township Line Road Yardley, PA.
Hours: Per Departmental Needs
• Efficiently and effectively manages Accounts Receivable using established workqueues and process flows. Meets established productivity metrics.
• Proactively works with co-workers to collect on monies due as part of patient responsibility. As needed, works with patients to develop payment plans.
• Identifies and tracks third party rejection types to determine rejection patterns. Responsible for facilitating maximized revenue for the practice by managing strategies to collect monies from third party payers.
• Monitors changes to third party reimbursement policies and billing procedures. Informs and/or recommends changes to billing policies.
• Reviews, processes and challenges all rejections and denials escalating notable trends to the Practice Manager
• Identifies issues related to timely filing and communicates appropriately.
• Process charge files and appends necessary data. May also complete charge entry responsibilities.
• Effectively manages and resolves charge review, claim edit and credit workqueues within the designated benchmark.
• Meets regularly with Manager to review status of A/R, special projects, and problematic or unusual accounts. Reviews Indicator and Productivity Reports with manager and identifies areas for improvement. Manages special projects related to AR as assigned.
• Attends all required training sessions, maintains knowledge of systems, internally and externally required of position.
• Responds to questions, requests, and support calls, efficiently and professionally, within established timeframes.
• Works effectively to meet project and assignment deadlines.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.