This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 198487
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Entity: Clinical Care Associates - Penn Primary Care (PPC) and Penn Specialty Practices (PSP) of Penn Medicine Medical Group (PMMG)
Department: University City Family Med
Location: Penn Family Medicine – 4536 Spruce Street Philadelphia, PA.
Hours: Per Departmental Needs
Patient Care Accountabilities:
• Promptly rooms patients, using EMR to alert provider that patient is ready.
• If requested by patients, act as chaperone / patient observer during appointments or procedures.
• Assists patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, undressing, preparing for the exam; remains in exam room when necessary/requested.
• Functions as a witness for procedural consents if required.
• Responds appropriately to emergency/code situations.
Clerical / Other Accountabilities:
• Obtain and scan documents as appropriate and required for visit: test results, faxes, reports, notes, referrals, etc.
• Completes medical forms and other requests for information as appropriate and required. Prepares and sends patient correspondence as required.
• Assists clinical staff with the maintenance of patient education materials as needed.
• Promptly performs call-backs as directed by provider and manager.
• Provides patients with follow up care instructions as instructed by provider
Environmental / Safety Accountabilities:
• Adheres to universal body fluids precautions and infection control policies. Disposes of infectious waste properly. Promotes infection control by using appropriate hand washing techniques.
• Ensures that the patient care areas are kept neat, orderly, well stocked and properly prepared.
• Cleans and disinfects instruments and equipment according to protocols and checks that the instruments and equipment are in proper working order. Notifies Supervisor of malfunctions. Sets up equipment and instruments as per practice protocol.
• Cleans and restocks equipment as needed. Authorized to access secured area to obtain items such as intravenous solutions and medication preparation supplies for the purpose of stocking and maintaining pars in the medication carts. Secures stock items in appropriate location.
• CSRs, if applicable as per regulatory guidelines: Maintains medication storage closet inventory and security; checks expiration dates; removes outdated items.
Other / Regulatory:
• Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulatory standards (ex TJC, DOH, FDA, HIPAA, HCFA, DPW, LCGME, SCGME, etc.)
• Flexible and readily adopts new processes and engages in practice operation changes.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.