Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 189060
Work Type: FT
Location: Princeton, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: FT
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Office Manager is responsible for the coordination of all secretarial functions of the units: The scheduling of the patients' appointments; the organization of the paperwork required for patient care (i.e., patients' charts); ordering and maintaining the supplies necessary for the unit to function.
- Promotes cost containment through economical ordering and use of supplies and equipment. Checks the monthly supplies budget report for accuracy against actual items ordered.
- Provides support to the nursing team as directed.
- Supervises and coordinates the functioning of Unit Secretaries from shift to shift. Assists Unit Secretaries in their duties as needed.
- Performs the duty of payroll on a biweekly basis assuring accuracy of staffs' hours.
- Monitors staffing on a 24-hour basis by inputting data and variances in the staffing tool. Confers with the Nurse Manager and Assistant Nurse Manager on a daily basis to remain within budgetary constraints while still providing essential patient care.
- Maintains employee files. Tracks annual competency completion, certifications and licensing of staff pertianing to job functions
- Insures that patients’ charts are compiled, organized and maintained and ready for use.
- Maintains the efficiency of office equipment, i.e., computer/copier/printers.
- Develops and maintains skills through attendance at staff development programs.
- Oversees the coordination of patient appointments and transportation to assure that scheduling is done to meet the needs of the patient and unit.
- Orients new Unit Secretaries to their duties and responsibilities as directed by Assistant Nurse Manager/Nurse Manager.
- Assists in the scheduling of nursing staff, as directed by Assistant Nurse Manager/Nurse Manager.
- Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the Department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
- Maintains strict standards of confidentiality.
- Possesses the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet the physical, psychological and social needs of adult Behavioral Health patients.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills to effectively handle problems that arise in the workplace.
- Attends Staff Meetings and other meetings as scheduled. Takes minutes and maintains a log for staff to review.
- Schedules staff on a monthly basis. Works in collaboration with Nurse Manager and Assistant Nurse Manager to meet the needs of the unit.
- Monitors daily sick calls and assumes the responsibility of finding coverage.
- Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards. Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Assists with the tracking, ordering and organization of supplies needed for Inpatient units
- Driver's License (Required)
- Valid driver’s License
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience in office operations.
Experienced in customer service.
Experience in managing in an office setting preferred
Experience with using Kronos application highly preferred
- Associate of Arts or Science
- Associates degree or higher in a business related field preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE