This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 198302
Category: Clinical Support
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: To be detremined
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Interventional Support Center (ISC) at Penn Medicine located on 3250 South 76th St. is seeking a Supervisor of Environmental Support Services. The ISC is the largest instrument processing and surgical supply preparation facility in the country. The ISC provides instrument processing services for the Hosptial of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP), Pennsylvania Hospital (PAH), Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine (PCAM), Penn Medicine at Radnor, the Tuttleman Center, for the Pavillion (HUP East).
At the ISC, Environmental Services Staff Supervisor is responsible for following all duties assigned by the manager. The Environmental Services Staff Supervisor has direct supervision of all activities of the Environmental Services Staff on all shifts. Works with supervisors and managers to coordinate support functions for EVS. Helps to manage and oversee, hire, fire, train and schedule staff. Oversees Lead EVS personnel and helps distribute assignments and duties for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift. Collects duty sheets, Inspections (JCAHO) planning, assigning and reviewing work. Provides assigned management, direction and support relating to cleaning ISC areas. Maintains master file of all documents used by environmental services staff. Plans and implements approved procedures related to cleaning and support functions. Assumes lead role in TJC preparation of environment of care. Responsible for Human Resource compliance, including payroll, leave of absence, workman's compensation and consistent application of hospital policies.
• Proactive approach to schedule changes, staffing, etc. to insure an absolute minimum of case delays
• Coordinates technical support requests from multiple sources
• Communicates schedule changes, call outs, equipment problems, etc. to appropriate supervisor/ manager
• Dispatches support staff to Operating or Procedure Rooms and Transport
• Supports the surgical support management team with the oversight of the room turnover process including between case cleaning, end of day cleaning and movement of case specific equipment
• Performs quality audits of the room cleans and/or transport
• Acts as technical interface for Perioperative areas with all outside departments from a daily operational perspective
• Educates staff, patients and customers on patient safety/transportation
• Develops and implements plan to achieve and maintain environment of care
• Adjusts staff levels and re-assigns staff to handle workload each day
• Communicate with daytime and nighttime maintenance staff to coordinate final cleans upon completion of projects
• Works cooperatively with daily Nursing Coordinator and Anesthesia Coordinator to maintain the surgery schedule
• Knows available support resources and prioritizes requests for service and dispatches support staff to meet needs
• Reports problems/non-compliance to appropriate supervisor/manager
• Works with Perioperative Educator and surgical support supervisors to provide all surgical support services staff with necessary training and orientation
• Provides daily, ongoing orientation to all staff about technical resource capabilities and limitations
• Works collaboratively with Perioperative Nursing Coordinator to direct technical and professional resources to meet patient cares needs at peak demand and slow times
• Administers constructive discipline alone or in conjunction with other support supervisors and managers as needed
• Demonstrates fairness and appropriate due process in their actions and decisions
• Exhibits and openness to change and promotes it in others
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.