Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Finance Manager, Penn Signature Services
Job ID: 197790
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Signature Services Finance Manager supports the day-to-day financial operations of the department in supporting the Director of Finance and department leadership in the development of strategic, financial and operational plans. The Finance Manager supports the department's financial reporting, planning, leadership and development by using advanced analytical and critical thinking skills. The Financial Manager will be primarily responsible for creating and maintaining various reports and analyses used for billing, processing AP, purchasing requests, month end close entry preparation, and other financial analysis and reporting as required. The Financial Manager has a great understanding of the Capital, AR, and operating budgets and makes recommendations related to PSS programs.
- Perform key financial planning services including results reporting, performance analysis, program evaluation, pro forma creation, budgeting and forecasting, modeling, and other financial analytics while promoting effective and efficient controls
- Prepares internal financial statements and analysis accurately and in a timely manner. Works closely with financial, operational and clinical teams to analyze data, variances and to provide written explanations for financial statements.
- Billing, collection, tracking and AR reconciliation for global patients, membership programs and PFS-supported programs across multiple systems, including SalesForce, EPIC
- Supporting implementation of external consultant recommendations to improve global billing and AR for complex, international payors to optimize billing and AR collections
- Develop and maintain monthly operations and financial reports reflective of KPIs and financial and activities
- Preparing month-end closing entries and reviewing P&L statements
- Working with Department management in the development, implementation, and facilitation of capital and operating budgets.
- Processing of invoices, AP, and reimbursements internally and externally
- Tracking of equipment refresh statistics
- Measuring financial performance against financial operating plans
- Providing reports and analysis on financial summaries designed to guide decision-making, forecast changes, and optimize financial performance
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)
- 5+ years of related experience in accounting, financial analysis, financial reporting positions (Required)
- 3+ years Salesforce experience (Preferred)
- Previous experience with financial systems management, health system accounting (Preferred)
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records.
- Demonstrated financial management skills including budget preparation, P&L review, month-end close activities, billing, AR, AP experience.
- Experience in developing and presenting analytics reports with recommendations for adaptation.
- Ability to communicate technical information, effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task with high attention to detail.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Outlook are necessary tools in day-to-day business.
- Ability to use and navigate Salesforce effectively.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE