Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Coordinator NP - Geriatrics
Job ID: 192868
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F Day Shift No Weekends/Holidays
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Penn Medicine University City practice is looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join our Geriatric Team. This is an academic medical practice serving a diverse patient population in West Philadelphia with a range of medical complexity and variety. We are based in University City, and patients come from as far as Delaware, New Jersey and suburban Philadelphia. The Clinical Coordinator sees patients for both chronic and acute visits for routine, along with providing leadership to current Advanced Practice Staff. Working closely with physician providers at many levels we are an integral piece of a multidisciplinary team.
In addition to their assigned clinical duties, the Clinical Coordinator will be responsible for working with the Vice-Chief for Clinical Affairs to oversee the day-to-day clinical operations for the practice sites of the Division of Geriatric Medicine. The Clinical Coordinator ensures compliance with TJC, CMS and DOH requirements across all practice locations. The Clinical Coordinator oversees infection control standards in the practice and participates in EOC rounding in the practice. The Clinical Coordinator will communicate new processes, assist with coverage plans for unexpected needs, and act as the subject matter expert for clinical questions and EHR optimization. The Clinical Coordinator will assist with hiring, onboarding, and orientation of new APP clinical staff. Clinical coordinator will assess clinical competencies and complete evaluations, provide feedback, and assist in developing and implementing remediation plans for APPs. Clinical coordinator will assist with ongoing geriatric knowledge and skills training and general mentorship of APPs.
- The Clinical Coordinator ensures compliance with TJC, CMS and DOH requirements across all practice locations.
- The Clinical Coordinator oversees infection control standards in the practice are upheld and participates in EOC rounding in the practice.
- The Clinical Coordinator will communicate new processes, assist with coverage plans for unexpected needs and act as the subject matter expert for clinical questions and EHR optimization.
- The Clinical Coordinator will assist with hiring onboarding and orientation of new clinical staff, complete clinical competencies and evaluations.
- Typical scope for this role is:
- <10 = # of staff directly and indirectly managed•<15,000 = # of budgeted annual visits
- Complexity Factors (may involve a few of the following factors of practice complexity): multiple practice locations, high practice/facility square footage, service line oversight, coordination of inpatient services, coordination of care across several departments/entities, academic involvement (research initiatives, resident program), special clinical programs, multiple clinical specialties, complex regulatory requirements, management of external partnerships/collaborations.
- Employee Satisfaction communicates effectively with team and builds productive relationships
- Establishes/update work processes and work practices, performs clinical duties to maintain workflows and adequate staffing levels
- Assist Clinical Manager with team and individual performance in alignment with Penn Medicine vision of service excellence
- Staff Development includes identification of learning needs for team development, assists with recruitment, development of staff and retention Assists the practice operations and/or clinical leads with appropriate staffing, quality, compliance (JACHO, CMS,DOH,OSHA) and continuous improvement initiatives
- Supports excellence in patient care, patient safety net review and service recovery initiatives
- Supports proactive communication and problem solving to enable high performance of team and individuals
- ACLS (For providers in the acute care setting) required
- BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association (For providers in the ambulatory setting) required
- Certified Nurse PractitionerPA (Required)
- Prescriptive Authority (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Science Nursing (Required)
- Master's Degree or Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in Nursing required and > 2.5 years of experience, The CRNP must be reviewed by the Credentials Committee and approved by the Medical Board. National Board Certification required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE