Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Pharm Technician Infusion- King of Prussia- Day Shift
Job ID: 200150
Work Type: FT
Location: King of Prussia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full time- day shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician is responsible for, but not limited to preparing pharmacy orders for filling and sterile compounding, and maintaining work areas and stocks. This position will also aid in the maintenance of environmental controls as well as collection of compliance data. Incumbent may be required to rotate shifts, weekends, and holidays as required by the operating needs of Penn Home Infusion Therapy. This position is located in King of Prussia, PA.
- Participates in the management of medical emergencies, and restocks code boxes. Complies in all activities with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements for a specific practice setting.Obtains and reviews labels to determine required products and delivery time. Calculates amounts of substances needed and compounds related products accurately.Extemporaneously packages small quantities in unit-of use packaging under Pharmacist supervision. Initials all work clearly according to Departmental procedures.Where appropriate, the technician assists the Pharmacist in assuring that patient specific parameters including weight and age, etc. are considered in medication preparation. Fills orders and prescriptions accurately and courteouslyFills medication labels, correctly in a timely fashion. Delivers and returns medications to appropriate areas as identified by policy or Pharmacist directionKeeps active inventory in work area, appropriately restocks area with returned medications. Provides timely communications to Pharmacist for checking, delivery and general activitiesPlans, maintains, controls inventory levels.Completes billing, credits, in a timely manner. Prepares Robot reports, packages Robot stock according to appropriate inventory levels, while following proper procedures.
- Pharmacy Technician Not Specified (Required)
- Certified Pharmacy Technician - PTCB
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- And 3+ years Three to five years’ experience as a pharmacy technician in a hospital, home infusion, or long term care setting is required, and a good working knowledge of compounding sterile products according to USP 797 standards preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE