Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Marketing, Creative Services.
- The Graphic Designer supports the Director and Senior Director of Creative Services by:
- Representing the organization's strategies in a visually appropriate manner.
- Collaborating with clients and colleagues to understand specific market and business needs that inform visual strategies.
- Reinforcing the Penn Medicine brand.
- Supporting initiatives with the goal of increasing patient volumes and achieving service line specific objectives.
- Providing designs that achieve goals, deliver on all stages of a project, and work in any medium necessary to support strategies.
1. Strategically Designed Digital Assets and Print Collateral:
- Develops the most appropriate and strategically designed assets based on project scope and need. Project type examples include but are not limited to digital deliverables such as display ads, interactive PDFs, web assets, info graphics, animations, and departmental screen graphics. Print examples include annual reports, invitation packages, brochures, posters, banner-ups and out of home media.
- Understands and produces a series of projects into a similar style and handles a full suite of designed assets.
- Manages projects from initial concept to completion under supervision of Directors/Design Managers converting constructive feedback into successful design outcomes.
- Manages digital/print production using the department’s project management system while adhering to project budget, needs and deadlines.
- Possesses the ability to meet directly with clients and provide creative advice that is appropriate for strategy, brand and audience.
- Promotes positive relationships with internal divisions who manage other aspects of marketing strategies as well as working groups across the organization to ensure project success.
- Tracks hours for design projects when needed.
- Provides the highest level of quality service on behalf of the division through creative and thoughtful actions.
2. Project Production:
- Utilizes strategic thinking based on technologic requirements and needs ranging from digital programs to print based production.
- Delivers final digital assets per required specs.
- Manages print projects at production stage including appropriate vendor selection, price negotiations and cost management, proofing and problem resolution at or after production/print stage.
- Maintains a positive, professional relationship with organization vendors.
3. Organization and Affiliate Branding:
- Maintains understanding of the Penn Medicine brand as it applies to varying institutional layers through mentorship and by the division.
- Identifies brand issues and seeks solutions with appropriate guidance.
- Serves as an advocate of the Penn Medicine brand by reinforcing it to all audiences.
4. Systems and Project Management:
- Must work within department and divisional project and file management requirements such as file organization, server organization, project management systems, and systems used by other divisions when needed.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Graphic Design (Required).
- 1+ years of Graphic Design experience in a healthcare or corporate setting (Required).
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in MAC platform and its peripherals.
- Proficient in Adobe CC Programs: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Spark, After Effects, Acrobat as well as other digital and animation programs.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new technologies as required by the industry.
- Ability to work independently and effectively while collaborating with fellow designers, department team members, colleagues and clients.
- Mastery of communication skills and self-management.
- Possess a working knowledge of digital and print production.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.