Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Resource Coordinator Per Diem Role
Job ID: 196114
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
|Have you ever thought about transitioning from bedside nursing to a new practice setting?|
|Would you like to move away from the bedside and the 12 hour shifts but are fearful you will miss patient contact?|
|If so, our nurse case manager role at Penn Medicine is the perfect transition career for you, and will bring you joy and fulfillment.|
|The HUP Nurse Case Manager position creates an exciting opportunity for experienced nurses to expand their knowledge and apply it to transitions in care.|
|Our nurse case managers (CRC’s) work alongside innovative medical teams as well as post-acute care providers, patients, and families|
|This position is responsible for the coordination of a multidisciplinary plan of care ensuring the delivery of quality patient care that facilitates discharge and expected outcomes.|
| Our nurse case managers are integral members of the multidisciplinary teams including our Advanced Medicine Service, Division of Oncology and Hematology, and Advanced Heart Failure Team.|
|As a nurse case manager, you are able to utilize all your nursing experience and expertise while learning new pathways to implement your nursing knowledge.|
|If you possess an intellectual curiosity ,attention to detail, coordination, and enjoy collaborating with family and providers, your expertise will aid in every aspect of your patients care through the discharge process and beyond.|
|Our nurse case managers enjoy putting all the pieces together, they continue to enjoy assessment, patient education, while advancing their critical thinking skills and being a strong patient advocate.|
|The case manager conducts utilization management activities, communication with insurers, team, and physician advisor. Discharge planning activities such as : home care, DME, placements, hospice, community resources, and transportation. Quality data collection and risk management referrals.|
|Case management allows you to work autonomously while still being part of a high performing team. We also offer flexible schedules and our newly implemented hybrid model truly enhances your work life balance.|
- Monitors appropriate use of internal resources, communication with interdisciplinary care team and Physician Advisor, with timely coordination of home care, DME, placements, hospice, community resources, transportation, and quality data collection and risk management referral.
- Utilization management activities: monitor appropriate use of internal resources, communication with interdisciplinary care team and Physician AdvisorDischarge planning activities: timely coordination of home care, DME, placements, hospice, community resources, transportationQuality data collection and risk management referralWorks with patient and family to assure provision of choice in post hospital settingEducates patient / customers regarding scope and limitations of health care / insurance benefitsRespects each patient’s / customer’s personal dignity, right to privacy and confidentialityCommunicates expected discharge time frameKeeps current with new providers, new technologies and treatment modalities, and new resources using internet and other sourcesRecognizes and provides care based on the unique chronological issues and needs of the older adult.Interacts with the patient and family in a developmentally appropriate manner.Discharge Planning: Completes timely and detailed assessment of patient and family social, emotional and/or discharge needs and health care benefits Develops and facilitates specific plan to address problems and/or concerns identified by patients, families and health care team Identifies and consistently documents delays; elevates issues appropriately Effectively communicates discharge plan with patients, families and health care team Documents ongoing assessments and plan of care in patient record (Canopy) Successfully assists patient in moving to the next level of care with transfers to home, agencies, and facilities and with referral to appropriate community resources Participates and drives accountability in daily interdisciplinary meetingsUtilization Management: Adheres to guidelines to satisfy 3rd party payer requirements Educates team in appropriate documentation to reflect Intensity of service (IS) / Severity of Illness (SI) and plan of care Proactively addresses level of care issues to ensure appropriate care settings and timely patient flow; elevates issues appropriately Enters all review activity in Canopy concurrently Accounts for all patient days accurately in Canopy Enters review indicating “pending” status of case if outcome not determined and accounts for all cases assigned on a daily basis Collects and submits data as indicated Completes readmission screen as indicatedQuality Improvement and Risk Management: Collects and submits data as indicated Communicates with service line / clinical effectiveness team members Identifies and appropriately communicates risk management issues Works with department leadership to develop and implement solutions to issues identified by the Case Management and Social Work DepartmentNew Technology / Computer Systems: Keeps current with new systems (MedView, On Base, SafetyNet, Sunrise, etc.) Incorporates technology into daily assignment (Outlook, Canopy, CERME, ECIN, shared drive, Internet)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- PA RN Licensure required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
Education Specialization: Nursing
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE