Job ID: 199183
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Part Time. 20 hours a week. Benefits Eligible.
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
General Summary Statement
Chester County Hospital (CCH) recognizes that radiology is an expanding field marked by advances in imaging modalities and image-guided techniques. At CCH, radiology nurses are vital members of the radiology team, providing patient care during diagnostic and minimally invasive, image-guided procedures used to treat a wide variety of conditions. Our radiology nurses assure patient safety, monitor and assess patients, ensuring the provision of safe and effective care during their stay in the radiology department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The job duties of the radiology nurses include (but are not limited to):
· Preparing patients for procedures: Includes checking and verifying vital signs, meds, NPO status, lab results, and medical history, and complete pre-procedure phone calls
· Providing education to the patient and family members: Includes ensuring the patient and family members understand the procedure and plan of care before signing procedural consent and providing them with discharge planning/instructions
· Providing Intra-procedure and case specific care during Radiology Procedures
· Inserting and removing intravenous lines
· Administering Moderate Sedation and other drugs
· May involved on call hours and coverage for Holidays on call
Education Training and Experience
Bachelors of Science in Nursing is required in accordance with CCH standards.
Minimum of 3 years recent Radiology, Critical Care or Emergency Department nursing experience
Current Pennsylvania RN License.
CPR certification required.
ACLS, PALS certification required, or must complete within 12 months of hire.
Certification in clinical specialty is preferred.We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.