Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Infusion Pharmacist- Lancaster
Job ID: 200195
Work Type: FT
Location: King of Prussia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time- Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Manages the clinical and production pharmacy services provided to assigned patients. Checking of filled orders, supplies, pharmacy technicians and other pharmacist's work. Sterile compounding as needed or assigned. Hours of work: Generally Monday through Friday, 8:00A.M. to 6:00P.M. Incumbent will be required to rotate shifts, weekends, and holidays as required by the operating needs of Penn Home IT, and to rotate on-call.
- Provides clinical decisions regarding the patient-specific pharmaceutical care including: assessment of the patient(s) general pharmaceutical needs, review of patients’ medication profile, evaluation for duplicate therapies, evaluation for drug interactions (drug-drug, drug-nutrient, drug-disease), and development of patient database and documentation in medical record. Ensures safety of patient and pharmacy personnel. Provides in-service programs to all personnel on any aspect of drug therapy and related infusion devices. Participates in Penn Home IT Continuous Quality Improvement program. Accepts physician prescription orders and evaluates the appropriateness of these orders for dosage, drug choice, potential drug interactions, route of administration, stability, compatibility, and mode of administration (i.e. infusion device).Monitors patient(s) response to treatment by subjective and objective assessment. Monitors laboratory tests when necessary and obtains and discusses the results with nurses and physicians of the patient. Provides recommendations to improve/adjust therapy based on lab evaluations. Effectively communicates and documents actions with physicians, nurses, and patients in the hard patient chart and software database. Ensures that the patient database is complete for relevant information related to medical status and therapy. Continual update and maintenance of required documentation by State and Federal government as well as JCAHO (i.e. prescription logs, patient medication profiles, patient charts, narcotic receipts, state pharmacy, and narcotic permit)
- Pharmacist (Required)
- Pennsylvania State Pharmacist License required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Required)
Education Specialization: BS in Pharmaceutical Science
- Other (Required)
- And 2+ years experience with infusion therapies in hospital and/or home settings
Education Specialization: Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE