Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Transporter- Full Time Day Shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 199499
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Primary duty is to transport patients throughout the medical complex in a safe, courteous, and timely manner. Responds to code calls and as part of the hospital emergency preparedness plans for internal and external emergency management. Assist with patient movement when transferring from bed to wheelchair or stretcher.
Transports deceased patients to the hospital morgue. Update NaviCare tracking system through use of a cell phone to maintain accurate locations and times associated with patient transports.
- Safely lifts and transport of patients throughout the medical center providing superior customer service while utilizing hospital approved lifting devices and proper techniques. Responds to emergency situations and code calls in a safe and timely manner.
- Assists patients with transfer to wheelchairs, stretchers, beds, and procedure tables as well as assist hospital staff with the movement of patients as needed.
- Supports team members by assisting with work processes other than assigned role as required or necessary based on daily workloads. This may include mentoring new staff.
- Demonstrates an awareness of patient/ employee safety when carrying out daily responsibilities of their position. This is to include, but not limited to appropriate isolation precautions.
- Follows hospital established protocols for checking in patients and verifying their identity. Maintains patient's chart during transport and ensures confidentiality of patient information at all times.
- Maintain equipment in working order when not assigned to active transports. Follows Department policies for equipment and supply use, cleaning and maintenance. This includes the collecting of excess equipment from throughout the facility.
- Secures patient and any appropriate equipment prior to lifts or transports. When required assures adequate oxygen tank, IVs, drainage tubes, etc. are available prior to start of transport and upon arrival at destination.
- Alerts care providers immediately to any signs of patient distress, equipment malfunction, and unsafe conditions as well as the shift coordinator/manager or the dispatcher.
- Communicate all information accurately, clearly, concisely and professionally to ensure understanding. Assures that an adequate hand-off has occurred with every patient transport.
- Considers needs of family members and visitors of patients when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity and health system in the care and support of the patients. This may include Transporting specimens, blood and blood products, document, equipment and supplies as needed at CCH entities.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- High School Diploma and 0-1 years patient transport or direct patient contact (Required)
License/ Registration/ Certifications:
- PA EMT (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE