Job ID: 200478
Category: Nurse Midwife
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Varied
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Childbirth Education Instructor demonstrates the ability to use appropriate principles of teaching and learning to provide quality educational programs to expectant families on a variety of topics related to pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting.
· Skill requirements of the Childbirth Education Instructor include good grasp of principles of adult learning, excellent customer service and communication skills, familiarity with relevant policies, regulations, and procedures in Women’s Health departments, and understanding of cultural, psychological, nutritional, and pharmacological aspects of primary care
· Identifies the learning needs of clients and adapts class information while utilizing a variety of teaching methodologies in accordance with the current policies and procedures of the hospital.
· Demonstrates Patient-Centered Care by showing courtesy, compassion, sensitivity, and respect in all interactions with patients, visitors, and other hospital personnel.
· Creates an interactive learning environment that facilitates verbal exchange between clients/instructor during class; provides opportunities for return demonstration of learned techniques and is available to clients before and after class to provide information and support.
· Displays a cooperative attitude and responds with respect to direction and recommendations
· Supports ongoing improvement of patient satisfaction
· Returns phone calls and emails promptly
· Certification as a Childbirth Educator required or must be obtained within 1 year of employment.
- Licensed in state of PA (Preferred)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
· Must hold BSN from an accredited school of nursing (Preferred)
-Must hold Bachelors in a related field (required)
· Must have at least two years of Women’s Health nursing experience (Labor and Delivery experience preferred)
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.