Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Per Diem Athletic Trainer
Job ID: 200134
Category: Physical/Occupational Therapy
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per Diem
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Job Title: Per Diem Athletic Trainer
Department: Ortho Sports Medicine
Location: Penn Sports Medicine Center Weightman Hall - 235 South 33rd St
Hours: Per Diem
Certified Athletic Trainer from a CAATE accredited Athletic Training Program REQUIRED - please upload NATABOC certification card with application..
Under the physician supervision agreement, the athletic trainer will provide routine care of athletic injuries. Excellent observational skills, clinical empathy, and a high level of professionalism are vital for success in this role.
- Provide per diem athletic training event coverage to affiliated schools and organizations. Primary assignments will most commonly be in the private high school and collegiate club sport programs.
- Conduct an initial assessment of an athlete's injury or illness to provide emergency or continued care, and to determine if physician referral is appropriate for definitive diagnosis and treatment.
- Provide on-site care for athletic injuries at assigned events and practices.
- Evaluate athletes' readiness to play, and provide participation clearances when necessary and warranted.
- Apply protective or injury preventative devices such as tape, bandages or braces to body parts such as ankles, fingers, or wrists.
- Assess and report the progress of recovering athletes to coaches and physicians.
- Complete appropriate documentation of injuries utilizing documentation software system.
- Collaborate with physicians to develop and implement comprehensive rehabilitation programs for athletic injuries.
- Communicate injury and necessary follow up to parent/guardian of injured athlete or student.
- Plan and implement comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention programs.
- Travel with athletic teams to be available at sporting events as necessary.
- Willingness to work nights/weekends/holidays and travel as required.
- NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer (Required)
- Licensed to practice athletic training in the State of Pennsylvania or license eligible.
- BCLS Certified or equivalent emergency cardiac care certification.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Athletic Training; From a CAATE accredited Athletic Training Program at a 4 year college/University 2+ years Athletic Training in a clinical setting preferred OR Master of Arts or Science, CAATE accredited Master’s Program.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE