Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Food Service Associate - Day Shift
Job ID: 199989
Category: Food/Nutrition Services
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time Day Shift. 4, Ten Hour Shifts.
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Responsible for patient meal service on assigned units, such as menu distribution and order acquisition, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up. Works with the Nursing Department to assess patients’ dietary needs, and communicates issues and concerns to the Nutrition Services Department. Assists co-workers when necessary working as part of a team. Reacts quickly to ensure efficient timing of services and accurate follow-through of physician-ordered diets. Familiar with modified diets and dietary restrictions to ensure optimal patient care and satisfaction. Accountable for patient satisfaction on assigned units. Supports the Department and provides assistance to team members in
- Greets new patients providing a brief explanation of services available. • Ensures that patients have received a menu with their welcome packet and answers any questions patients may have while assisting them with placing their meal selections.
- Orients the patients as to the contents of the tray when delivering meals. Follows up with patients to assess and remedy any dietary needs.
- Utilizes a team approach with the Nursing Department to ensure patient satisfaction; assesses floor stock needs based upon established par levels, gathers and supplies each assigned area with the correct amount; rotates existing stock following the first in, first out method and discards any unlabeled or out of date items.
- Demonstrates knowledge of modified diets, proper condiments and related restrictions for diets.
- Assists in the diet office; including but not limited to answering phone calls, clerical duties, entering patient information into the food service system, screening and directing telephone calls, and completing census reports.
- Communicates any patient related problems to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Introduces self when interacting with patients, families, visitors or other employees.
- Accepts changes in assignments in the spirit of good teamwork. Offers to help other employees by providing assistance when needed.
- Use time effectively and productively to achieve established priorities.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Must be able to communicate in English and complete simple computational skills.
- Experience in health care industry is desirable, but not required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE