Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 194214
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Varied per diem
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Performs role of surgical assistant for a variety of surgical procedures under direct supervision of attending surgeon. Provides comprehensive, quality nursing care through application of the nursing process. Adheres to Nursing Policies and Procedures and Organizational Goals and Objectives
- Prvides age apprpriate care fr the ppulatin served. Gives cnsideratin t grwth & develpmental phase f life, t age related factrs such as thermal regulatin, nutritin, medicatin administratin, nutritin, safety and functinal needs f the patient.Uses apprpriate resurces fr patients with special needs such as language barriers, sensry prblems, altered cgnitin, cultural and religius needs.Ensures attentin t patient’s physical, spiritual and emtinal well being.Perfrms pain assessments and intervenes t ptimally meet patient’s needs fr cmfrt.Plans clinical care based n patient’s needs and uses available resurces.Perfrms clinical care in accrdance with plicy and prcedure.Evaluates utcmes f nursing interventins and takes apprpriate actins t mve patient tward reaching gals f care.Adheres t the 5 rights f medicatin administratin and uses the Medicatin Administratin Recrd (MAR) in EPIC pTime per plicy and prcedure.Fllws Universal Prtcl fr patient identificatin and surgical site identificatin. Integrates principles f infectin cntrl & infectin preventin int practice.Adheres t aseptic technique.Respects dignity and cnfidentiality f perating Rm patientsUses resurces and references fr reviewing plicies and prcedures, medicatins, and clinical infrmatin.Priritizes and rganizes wrk effectively within assigned shift.Assesses the Surgical patient, plans and initiates care and evaluates the effectiveness f interventins.Perfrms clinical care in the preperative, intraperative and pstperative phases f the patient’s surgical experience.Demnstrates cmpetency t perfrm bth scrub and circulating rle in assigned surgical prcedures.Utilizes prper bdy mechanics when mving patients, equipment r lifting trays.Wrks in cllabratin with the surgen during the intraperative phase f surgery prviding expsure, handling and/r cutting tissue, prviding hemstasis, suturing and using instruments/medical devices.CmmunicatinUses effective cmmunicatin during hand-ffs. (e.g. break reprt, shift reprt, transfer reprt, etc).Delegates apprpriately t unlicensed persnnel and team members.Cmmunicates patient care infrmatin t the interdisciplinary care team.Prvides patient and family educatin in a manner that is understd and gives the patient and family handuts, brchures and resurces that can be taken hme fr future reference.Intrduces self t patient and explains prcedures t patient and family.Dcuments patient care in an accurate, prfessinal and timely manner using EPIC pTime accrding t plicy and prcedure.Dcuments patient care that is relevant t patient’s diagnsis, prblems and reflects patient’s status.Develps wn nursing knwledge via practice, bservatin, prfessinal literature, netwrking and attending cntinuing educatin prgrams.Prmtes best practice by demnstrating a cmmitment t quality patient care and the prfessin f nursing.Serves as a preceptr and mentr fr new emplyees and student nurses.Utilizes persnal prtective devices t prtect self frm accidental expsure t bld brne pathgens.Attends assigned cmmittee meetings and cntributes t the cmmittees.Supprts the fllwing rganizatinal prgrams: Magnet®, Hspital f Distinctin, Jint Cmmissin Disease Specific Certificatin, Nursing Cuncils, and integrates their standards int clinical practice.Reviews nursing quality data, e.g. NDNQI and identifies hw t apply best practice int wn practice and mentr thers twards meeting quality target gals.Maintains equipment in wrking rder. Uses equipment apprpriately, cleans equipment and fllws Department plicies fr equipment and supply use and maintenance.Perfrms assigned duties t maintain unit in a state f survey readiness and maintain quality initiatives. Fr example, quality cntrl measures, emergency equipment checks, medicatin preparatin area cleanliness, mnthly utdates, temperature lgs, etc.Adheres t unit prgrams t supprt patient care such as maintaining a quiet envirnment, custmer service, etc.Keeps patient care area and wrk envirnment neat and rganized.
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
2+ years Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program. BSN is preferred. Certificate of completion of RNFA program that meets the "AORN" recommended education standards for first assistant programs.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE