Job ID: 198141
Category: Medical Laboratory/Pathology
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Evening Shift W/ Holiday and Weekend Rotation
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Why Join Our Team?
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is currently seeking a full-time Med Tech to work the evening shift within the Microbiology Lab. Join Penn Medicine Princeton – a fun place to work where the best technologists come to build on each other’s talents and provide state of the art laboratory services to our patients. The laboratory is clean, bright and housed in a beautiful new hospital that offers free onsite parking and other amenities. The laboratory currently focuses on microbiology, but will allow you to build your skills in chemistry, hematology and blood bank. Flexible hours are available and you can chose to work five eight-hour shifts, or four ten-hour shifts. Make the move that will advance your clinical laboratory knowledge and apply today.
*HIRING BONUS AVAILABLE - UP TO $10K*- COMPETITVE NEW RATES!
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
· Setup microbiology cultures
· Performs rapid molecular testing on GeneXpert and Torch
· Setup cultures on positive blood cultures, perform gram stain
· Reads urine cultures and positive blood cultures
· Performs urinalysis
· Weekend and Holiday rotation
Benefits You’ll Receive at PMPH/Penn Medicine:
What We Require for this Role:
Related Work Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT
· Medical Technologist (ASCP or NCA), Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP), or previously qualified as Medical Technologist prior to 2/28/92 under 42CFR493.1427 (3/14/90) REQUIRED.
· If candidate does not possess ASCP certification, they must be eligible to take the exam within 6 months of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.