Job ID: 199038
Category: Medical Laboratory/Pathology
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Day Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Why Join Our Team?
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a full-time Med Tech interested in working the night shift within Blood Bank. Join our team of educated, knowledgeable professionals in an environment that supports growth, learning, and professional development. Our Lab does streamlined automation and electronic cross-matching. We use software that assists with antibody identification. Additionally, we transfuse about 250 products per month, and have an occasional Massive Transfusion Protocol or Neonatal transfusion. We test about 1,000 samples per month, including about 50 Antibody Identifications per month.
*HIRING BONUS AVAILABLE - UP TO $10K*- COMPETITVE NEW RATES!
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
· All testing needs to be performed accurately and blood products need to be stored properly
· Performing Type and screen testing as well antibody testing
· Issue blood products according to protocol
· Coordinate with medical staff to maintain proper levels of blood products
· Follow all regulatory processes
Benefits You’ll Receive at PMPH/Penn Medicine:
What We Require for this Role:
Related Work Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT
· Medical Technologist (ASCP or NCA), Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP), or previously qualified as Medical Technologist prior to 2/28/92 (3/14/90) REQUIRED.
· If candidate does not possess ASCP certification, they must be eligible to take the exam within 6 months of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.