Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Why Join Our Team?
- Penn Medicine Princeton Health (PMPH) is seeking a full time RN (Registered Nurse) to work the evening shift within Princeton House Behavioral Health (PHBH). This position is within Wing 4 (Psych Dual Diagnosis).
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains a plan of nursing care based on goals derived from identified needs; revises the patients individualized plan of care as indicated
- Implements individualized nursing plan of care, consistent with established policies, procedures, and protocols
- Evaluates and documents patient responses to nursing care, and participates in evaluating and improving the delivery of care on the unit
- Demonstrates accuracy in entering medication orders on the computer and medication administration
- Provides appropriate coordination of care and intervention to patients undergoing a psychiatric or medical emergency
Benefits You’ll Receive at PMPH/Penn Medicine:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, RX coverage plan options that best fit your personal & family needs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts (FSA/HAS) to save pre-tax dollars
- 403b Retirement Savings: Our employer contribution begins on Day 1 of your employment
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits that give you the work-life balance today’s world needs
- Prepaid tuition assistance is available to benefit-eligible employees for approved courses of study after completing six months of employment.
What We Require for this Role:
- Bachelor’s degree required, or in pursuit of
- A registered nurse with an Associate’s Degree with greater than 5 years of clinical experience in a clinical specialty may be considered.
Related Work Experience
- 15 months of RN experience required
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Active RN NJ license
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.