Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Nursing Coordinator PHIT
Job ID: 201862
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: King of Prussia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Part Time Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- In collaboration with the Director of Nursing and Penn Home Infusion Therapy Team, assumes 24-hour accountability for the Penn Home Infusion Therapy nursing care. This includes the coordination of patient's admission for home infusion services in a smooth, systematic process involving arranging care with Infusion Clinicians or Schedulers and contracted nursing agencies. Acts as a liaison for care coordination with staff within the organization or with outside agencies including case managers. Manages the patient's clinical care from the time of referral to discharge of the patient from our services
- Uses clinical knowledge and critical thinking to triage, assess, evaluate and implement interventions for urgent and non-urgent clinical patient needs. Provides counsel and clinical education to patients, family, and caregivers. Performs active service recovery and appropriate escalation to management to address patient and staff concerns. Functions as a clinical resource and counsel for field clinicians and pharmacists, and nonclinical staff such as schedulers, supply representatives, and insurance authorization. Coordinates delivery of patient care. Facilitates and oversees care coordination, communicates patient care information to internal and external staff, and ensures information is documented and care plans and orders are updated and complete. Ensures accurate and timely documentation and communication with physicians, field clinicians, pharmacists, warehouse personnel, outside nursing agencies, and any additional health care providers to coordinate patient care. Maintains liaison with referring sources and care teams. Chart audits reflect compliance with documentation requirements. Discharge summaries are completed in a timely manner. Documents patient care communication utilizing approved verbiage and abbreviations in the EMR, including on call events. Assures compliance with external standards and regulations. Maintains knowledge of TJC survey results. Adheres to establish standards with work performance delineated at UPHS and prescribed by regulatory agencies. Ensures own compliance to professional standards. Assists with the development, review and revision of policies/procedures to assure compliance with practice and regulatory standards. Prepares new therapy supply delivery tickets for start of care patients according to standard templates. Prepares ship list relative to the patient’s exact inventory for new patients and therapies. Any discrepancies in inventory are communicated to the appropriate team member or manager. Participates in the development and evaluation of comprehensive, realistic goals and objectives consistent with those of Penn Home Infusion Therapy. Makes decisions that are realistic, fair and consistent with Penn Home Infusion Therapy policies and own level of responsibility. Provides the Nurse Manager with information about potential and/or actual problems and changes that will influence the Penn Home Infusion Therapy Nursing operations and assists with problem resolution. Assists the Director to monitor and implement appropriate cost saving action plans. Promotes collaborative relationships with physicians, nurses, hospital administrators, and outside agencies. Assumes an active role in Penn Home Infusion Therapy committees, task forces and/or projects. Provides weekend, holiday and nightly nursing on-call phone coverage and coordination. Schedules nursing visits in advance and provides notice to appropriate individuals. If required, prior authorization is obtained before scheduling applicable nursing visits. Documents and monitors use of approved nursing visits. Utilizes nursing visits, personnel, supplies and equipment in an efficient and cost effective manner. Assumes an active role in Penn Home Infusion Therapy committees, task forces and/or projects. Regularly attends team meetings, task force, FMEA, or committee meetings. Meets daily with their Clinical Care Team. Demonstrates commitment to own professional development, e.g., formal/continuing education, certifications, professional organization membership and/or publication. Completes mandatory PM and PMAH education. Notifies DME team regarding discharged patients for pump pick up within 7 working days of discharge. All care is provided via an appropriate order. Uses clinical judgment to prepare accurate supply tickets.
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- PA, NJ, and DE RN licensure depending on geographic location and scope of responsibilities.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Nursing (Required)
- And 3+ years progressive nursing experience with demonstrated leadership skills in community health nursing.
Education Specialization: Nursing
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE