Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Lead System Analyst, Disbursement
Job ID: 201620
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F, 8AM-4:30PM | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Lead the day-to-day activities of the Disbursements Information System Department and six staff members, consisting of Senior Analysts, Analysts and support team members. DIS provides application and data support to the Accounts Payable and Payroll Departments for all Health System entities, including certain LGH legacy systems not yet transitioned to Corporate including Workday.
- Liaison with Corporate IT for system implementations, upgrades and infrastructure, necessary to support Finance operations and reporting. Oversee partnerships with third party vendors for vendor payments, Supplier Portal management, payment processing, W9 processing, among others. DIS is responsible for the production of "cash" disbursements (ACH, credit card, paper), reconciliations, and escheatment, third party data exchanges (PNC, BOA, Amex, UPHS vendors), electronic and summary invoicing, and compliance reporting (taxes, W2's, 1099's). DIS supports Corporate Finance and to a degree entity reporting needs (develop, validate, publish, and maintain) upon request. Role is responsible for the education and training of the DIS team and to deliver customer service excellence, including developing training materials and procedural guides.
- Provides technical and application support for systems used to support Accounts Payable and Payroll functions, including Lawson/Infor, Kronos, MCH, ADP, and LGH’s Workday system until decommissioned.
- Supports system upgrades and manages enhancement requests.
- Manages all application set-up and codes and Approval tables for Invoices and Expense reimbursements.
- Builds Infor Process Automatic tools and flows to enhance workflows and remove manual steps.
- Builds and maintains data repository to support needs, automate data extracts, uploads and interfaces.
- Develops and maintains third party inbound and outbound data exchanges (ACH and CFA payment files, Electronic and Summary invoicing, Patient Refund processing)
- Supports data needs for Federal, state and local tax filings, garnishments, W2 and 1099 reporting
- Supports On-line W2 Portal, Disbursements SharePoint site, Infor ESS (W4, ACH, and Paychecks)
- Develops, implements and maintains solutions to support Corp Finance - Employee Benefits Calculation, LDR data, PTO accruals, ERB reporting with image link and invoice reporting with image link
- Provides data and reports to AP and PR to support daily operations, audits and data cleansing.
- Analyzes transactions for T&E Expense and Invoice data to ensure compliance (UPHS policies, GAAP, IRS, etc.)
- Reporting/Dashboards – develops and publishes audit and usage reports and dashboards to support Disbursements Department, Executive and entity management needs.
Training and Suppor
- Sets-up and maintains access rights for employees, managers, senior leadership, requestors and various approvers.
- Maintains data warehouse to track and report structural changes in people and departmental roles to support Invoice and Expense approval flows.
- Provides role specific training to department members, AP and PR team members and external customers.
- Maintains existing and develops new compliance validation and routing rules to support system-wide and entity needs.
- Supports AP and PR team members and processes to ensure efficient use of application functionality, access, and security.
- Develops workflows and IPS to automate workflows, reduce data entry, and streamline transactional processing.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- Bachelor's Degree (Required), preferably in Information Technology/Computer Science/Finance.
- 7+ years of experience with Disbursements Information Systems (Required).
Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Lawson/Infor System – specifically AP, PR, CB, HR, and GL modules
- Advanced knowledge of Kronos Workforce Management system, with emphasis in TimeKeeper and Connect
- Knowledge of Expense Management system with emphasis in system design and configuration
- Strong data mining and archival strategies
- Strong programming skills – combination of basic C program code, Unix shell scripts, MS Access Macros and DOS command lines as tools to build automation processes
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Work and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop and implement training programs for staff
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware and software
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE