Job ID: 202025
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per Diem
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
General Summary Statement
Facilitates linguistic and cultural communication between patients seeking health-care services and their providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Consecutive (primary mode) and simultaneous medical interpreting, Sight translation
· Perform all interpreter roles: Conduit, Clarifier, Cultural Broker, Advocate
· Recording and submitting encounter details, tracking minutes interpreting
· Over-the-phone assistance for patients/providers with scheduling/follow-up requests
· Schedule flexibility, ability to provide coverage for other interpreters
· Assisting Manager of Interpreter Services with projects/initiatives when requested
· Educating patients/staff on the interpreter services we provide (in-person, video, phone) and how to contact/use/access each.
· Educate patient/staff on “Interpreter and Language Support” policy
Education Training and Experience
High School diploma, Proficiency in both (oral, written) English and Spanish. To obtain 40 or 60-hour on-the-job training and Certificate of Interpreter Training within two (2) weeks of hire date.
Current National Board of Certified Medical Interpreters (NBCMI) or Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI) within one (1) year of hire date.We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.