Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Reg Respiratory Therapist II @Penn Presbyterian
Job ID: 201292
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- A Respiratory Therapist Level 2 (RT2) is a member of the healthcare team who provides expertise in managing patients of all ages who have respiratory disease or acute conditions impacting their ability to breath. The RT2 provides respiratory care to patients in the general, critical care and emergency room environments. The RT2 position is part of an internal HUP clinical advancement program and requires a minimum of one year of experience after graduation from an accredited respiratory care program.
- Perform physical assessment of a patient’s pulmonary status and make recommendations for appropriate respiratory careAdminister oxygen via various standard delivery devices as well as specialized heated high flow devices and a hyperbaric chamberAdminister aerosolized medications via nebulizer, MDI, DPI or other devicesAdminister prescribed inhaled nitric oxide or aerosolized prostacyclinEvaluate and maintain artificial airways of various sizesSet up, adjust, maintain, and clean various types and brands of mechanical ventilatorsPerform advanced procedures on patients with severe hypoxemia including prone positioning, lung recruitment maneuvers and moreSet up, adjust, maintain, and clean various types and brands of non-invasive BiPAP & CPAP devicesTransport critically ill patients on respiratory modalitiesRespond to hospital emergencies including rapid response, code call, etc..Utilize approved RT protocolsPerform ABG & other diagnostic tests to evaluate the extent of disease or effectiveness of treatmentPerform EKG testing, phlebotomy, IV insertion and other non-traditional roles and/or responsibilities based on department and/or location needDocument patient care activities and enter charges in current electronic data systemComplete annual competencies and continuing education as determined by hospital policy, credential and state licensing requirements.Maintain active RT credential(s) and PA state RT license
- Respiratory Therapist (Required)
- State of Pennsylvania Respiratory Care License required.
Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
State of PA license and all NBRC credentials are to be active and maintained per the rules and regulations of the State of PA and the NBRC continuing competency requirements.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- ACLS (if Critical Care-primary RT) recommended and NRP (ICN staff) certification required within 6 months of hire (NRP requirement effective 12/31/15).
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate of Arts or Science (Required)
- Other (Required)
Education Specialization: Graduate of Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) accredited Respiratory Care program.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- Bachelor's Degree required for HUP employees (eff 1/1/16)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE