Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Procedural Supply Chain Analyst - Hospital of University of Pennsylvania
Job ID: 200785
Category: Materials Management/Purchasing/Contracts Management
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8:00am-4:30pm
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Supply Chain Analyst will improve the efficiency of supply chain operations through data collection and analysis. The Supply Chain Analyst's primary responsibilities is to support HUP Supply Chain, analyze data to maximize supply chain efficiency and assist in cost control. The position requires excellent attention to detail, in-depth understanding of the delivery process and exceptional analytics skills. Support decision making by the department through retrieval and analysis of business data. Serves as a resource to the department for the operation and functionality of information systems. Facilitates compilation and validation of information thus maintaining integrity of databases.
- Receives work assignments from the HUP Procedural Director of Supply Chain. Works independently to design, test and prototype reports, models and analyses, as well as work with users through sign-off and implementation. Accommodates the requests of Periop / Supply Chain management, as well as generate ideas for reports that will allow for users to understand, predict, and enhance Supply Chain processes.
- Provide primary analytical and reporting support to all HUP Supply Chain areas.
- Reporting automation using Windows/PowerBI Scheduler, Excel, EPIC Optime and Lawson tools.
- Reassess current work for opportunities for improvement in efficiency and accuracy.
- Analyze information, compare and contrast both internal and external comparative databases and benchmarking information.
- Utilizes large complex data sets to meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Data mining / reporting to examine Supply Chain business processes.
- Optime data mining to examine variances in surgical procedure supply utilization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Lawson AP & MM applications.
- Ability to normalize, manipulate and interpret clinical and purchasing data.
- Recommends to HUP Procedural Director of Supply Chain cost-effective alternatives.
- Building PowerBI / Excel dashboards and automating end-to-end PowerBI /Excel reporting.
- Excel to include complex formulas i.e. V Lookups, Pivot Tables, Charts and Graphs, MS Access, WordWork with various partners such as SDS, IS, Data Science, etc across the system to design, develop, and maintain various reporting capabilities.
- Ability to express technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people.
- Determine areas in which master databases can be created to reduce redundant queries. Ensure data is accurate and reflects current business processes.
- Provide support for ad-hoc projects, by building queries and creating data sets. Ensure ad-hoc data is consistent with business processes.
- Provide technical counsel to co-workers and staff.
- Establishes strong working relationships with Supply Chain / Periop leaders and staff.
- Resolves cost messages as needed for restricted buyers.
- Pinpoint areas in which databases and reports can be automated.
- Maintains Item Master, templates, and contract data.
- Provides feedback to the Manager on team member performance to support annual performance reviews.
- Updates vendor files, catalogs, remit to information, etc.
- Catalogues new items accurately and in a timely manner.
- Works with Inventory team on newly requested items for adding to the Item Master.
- Supply Chain analysis identifying and solving problems through data analysis.
- Managing projects/requests from requirement gathering to final delivery to the end-user.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and forecasting tools and ability to develop actionable insights from data.
- Proficient in spreadsheet applications, SQL analysis tools and mathematical analysis.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance and expertise.
- Responsible for sharing their ideas and findings with internal stakeholders through both written and verbal communication.
- Acts as a restricted buyer to support the flow of good and services when staffing demands.
- Maintains quality customer service skills between team and customers (departments and vendors)
- Preserves confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients, visitors, vendors, etc., according to UPHS or departmental policy Cooperates with, and demonstrates respect for, all hospital services and personnel
- Provides or facilitates in providing a clean, safe, quiet and secure hospital and/or business environment for all
- Performs telephone activities in a courteous/professional manner Maintains composure, good judgment and acceptable work performance under conditions caused by deadlines, workload, situational crisis, opposition or other causes.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Or 8+ years Demonstrated Supply Chain, Information Systems or Business experience.
Education Specialization: Information Systems, Supply Chain, Business or similar field of study or relevant work experience.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE