Job ID: 202371
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Days 40 hours per week
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center has a leadership position for the Director of Finance & Business Operations - Pharmacy
The Director of Finance & Business Operations - Pharmacy is responsible for all aspects of the Department of Pharmacy Services financial, revenue cycle and business development activities. Management of the Departments revenue cycle, including oversight of the Department's purchasing, billing operations and billing compliance at all locations. Assists the Directors of Pharmacy and Chief Financial Officer in strategic thinking, leading the planning, implementation and execution of operational effectiveness, performance improvement, and data analytic projects to ensure optimal pharmacy department performance. These activities include preparation of annual expense and capital budget and monthly analytics for leadership team. Performs other functions including leading non-clinical staff to support pharmacy operations, purchasing and 340B oversight.Accountabilities:
• Provides analysis of data and identifies gaps and trends in operational business development and distribution, while identifying opportunities for process improvement.
• Forecasts requirements for financial resources for current and future pharmacy operations.
• Collects/compiles data and statistics for reports and correspondence as needed to support the pharmacy leadership team.
• Leads performance improvement projects to achieve operational efficiencies.
• Manages non-clinical support functions and teams for 340b oversight.
• In conjunction with the Director of Pharmacy develops and effectively manages department operating budgets, monitors expenses and prepares monthly variance reports.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures • Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Accounting, or Healthcare with 5+ years of Direct oversight of staff and operational process required
Master's Degree Business Administration or Healthcare Administration with 3+ years of Direct oversight of staff and operational process preferred
Knowledge of budget preparation and administration, quantitative analysis, and personnel and fiscal operations in a healthcare setting. Working knowledge of spreadsheet applications, word processing and database software. Creative ability to solve routine and non-routine problems related to fiscal management, billing and reimbursement systems and data analysis. Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to navigate complex problems, adapt to a changing environment, and manage multiple priorities. Thorough understanding of healthcare policy and administration. Ability to drive performance and lead through influence to ensure success. Ability to interact professionally with a broad variety of stakeholders, including direct reports, leadership, internal and external clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.