Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Service Desk Analyst II
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 165526
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Experienced first point of contact for Penn Medicine in providing front-line diagnosis and support for all Information Services problems and/or requests for service. Processes customer requests via phone, Intranet and e-mail with appropriate customer interaction skills. Follows documented procedures and processes. Determines the best resolution workflow from scripts in the Help Desk knowledge management system. Based on the script selected, executes key phases of resolution workflow including problem receipt, triage, resolution and closure (when possible), and problem referral to the designated resolver group. Follows established guidelines for escalating or referring issues to other analysts, resolver groups and/or management. Provides thorough documentation of all reported issues within the Help Desk tracking system. Ensures customer satisfaction with prompt action and professional customer communication. Provides ad hoc assistance to other members of the Help Desk team. Performs special projects as assigned by management.
- IS industry technical certification, IS Trade or Technical program completion is preferred.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (Required)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree (Preferred)
- 1+ years of experience in a IS Help Desk environment (Required); preferably in a health care environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong computer software technical aptitudes.
- Experience with Microsoft applications (e.g. MS Office, Active Directory, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrated positive experience working with end users.
- Demonstrated ITIL process skills in a healthcare provider environment preferred.
- Proven understanding of UPHS processes, applications and IS Subject Matter Experts preferred.
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services: https://www.pennmedicine.org/information-services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE