Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Customer Service Liaison, Accounts Payable
Job ID: 201859
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Onsite
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Customer Service Liaison builds relationships with all departments in the UPHS Community utilizing the services of the Corporate Accounts Payable Department. The Liaison develops and implements customer focused tools for end user departments. The Liaison monitors staff output, performance and rules compliance. Identifies and advises department leadership of operational inefficiencies and recommends changes to processes. Monitors daily volume for labor to volume mix.
- Provide custom service to internal and external customers, including providing information regarding policies, procedures and forms, end user education (POvsNon PO, RIP Requests, use of SharePoint)
- Identify department data needs, recommend report development and or dashboard solutions.
- Produce reports to identify data integrity issues, timely processing of credits, statement review, correct selection of income codes, valid invoice dates, and correct due dates. Provide corrective action plan to responsible staff members, develop and perform follow-up protocols to ensure desired results. Provide update report to Department Manager daily or weekly depending on process. Provide same support for other similar tasks, such as sales tax, terms, FOB and AOC as requested by Department Manager.
- Produce reports and develop tools to track voucher activity and staff production. Provide weekly status reports of volumes by employee and productivity by employee. Monitor staff queue and report document aging statistics. Identify trends related to volume and performance, such vendor mergers, change in suppliers, change in invoice discrepancies. Make recommendations for work load distribution.
- Provide oversight to staff performing Wire processing tasks, work with Accounting and Materials Management to resolve funding issues, provide and sign-off on reconciliation of Wire payment
- Monitor Income Code use/selection, provide corrective action plan to responsible staff members, develop and perform follow-up protocols to ensure desired results. Monitor 1099 B Notice activities, provide corrective action plan to staff, develop and perform follow-up protocols to ensure desired results. Diagnosis root cause of errors and take corrective action where applicable.
- Support Department Manager in general office management tasks, including equipment maintenance service schedules, preparing check requests forms for department expenses, managing department visitors access, responding to miscellaneous and general inquiries. Provide vendor maintenance support.
- Analyze system activity to identify over payments, incorrect payments, and returned goods not accounted for to recapture monies from vendors. Coordinate vendor statement collection process. Review data and statements to identify open credits and unapplied cash. Prioritize statements by potential funds recovery opportunities. This process includes contacting vendors to obtain statements, to track payments and confirm payment application.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Management, or related. (Required) OR
- 5+ years of experience in an AP Leadership, Data Analyst, or Customer Service role. (Required)
- 3+ years of experience in a shared services role in large, complex organization. (Preferred)
- Strong planning and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, written, oral and listening
- Strong data management skills to generate reports and present statistical data in a clear, concise and easy to
- understand manner
- Strong knowledge of Excel, including develop of pivot tables, vLoookups and function statements
- Ability to analyze data to detect duplicate or incorrect data.
- Knowledge of standard office computer systems
- Knowledge of standard office desktop client software such as Microsoft Office, Monarch, etc.
- Ability to use Infor Spreadsheet Designer
- Ability to use Infor List Review reports, create, customize, deliver
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE